Expert Cloud Engineer AR/XR (m/f/d)
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies and universities. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses to create the future. We develop new technologies such as 5G, 6G, AR, AI, Data Analytics and Security in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture etc. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial bias and excellent research landscape and a great place to live with creativity, culture, nature and an international environment.
A Cloud Engineer AR/XR (m/f/d) is part of an AR/XR development team within the Vodafone Research and Innovation Center in Dresden. He/she develops and operates cloud-based SW. This also includes tasks such as setting up and testing the infrastructure and using tools that enable a fast and continuous release of software. He/she is also responsible for implementing processes and tools to enable continuous integration and delivery, and to maximize the speed and quality of deployment in teams.
What will you be doing?
- development and operation of AR/XR applications within the framework of agile development teams (DevOps).
- use of various development, testing and automation tools
- ensuring and implementing security and connectivity requirements
- review, verification and validation of the software code
- application of troubleshooting techniques and bug fixing
- incident Management and Root Cause Analysis
Interfaces (customers, suppliers and others)
- interaction with stakeholders
- collaboration with external teams
Leadership and teamwork
- active participation in agile cross-functional product teams
- main point of contact for external DevOps team
Innovation and change
- proactive search and inclusion of innovations and trends in the field of AR/XR
- identification of trends/challenges
- identification of escalation drivers and development of countermeasures
- very good skills in building relationships, teamwork, and collaboration that enable the provision of effective support and guidance to multiple DevOps teams
- good understanding of the current market for telecommunications and digital services as well as new business and technology trends
It would be nice if you have:
- preferably degree in computer science or comparable professional qualifications
- min 3 years of practical experience
- solid knowledge of cloud platforms (e.B. AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
- first experiences with Container Orchestration (e.B. Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- first experiences in dealing with the DevOps toolchain (e.B. Jenkins, Github, Kibana etc ).
- in-depth knowledge of DevOps concepts
- advanced analytical, solution-oriented and entrepreneurial thinking and acting as well as pronounced technical know-how in the field of application
- strong commitment and resilience as well as analytical-conceptual skills
- high communication skills, high sense of innovation and responsibility
- a focused way of working with good time and resource management
- strong team orientation
- huge interest in telecommunications, digital trends, innovation methods and creative activities
- good knowledge of relevant trends in the German telecommunications market and related industries
- good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- 30 days holiday
- holiday plus (option to buy additional 10 days)
- flexible working (up to 75% mobile working possible)
- company pension (financed by Vodafone)
- access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- generous global parental leave policy
- access to online sport courses
- car and bike leasing options
- DIPF | Leibniz-Institut für Bildungsforschung und BildungsinformationSystem-Administrator*in (m/w/d)BerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- KfW BankengruppeLead Developer im Cloud-Umfeld (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- REWE SystemsERP Engineer Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- LeasePlan Deutschland GmbH(Junior) IT Application Support Analyst (m/w/d) – Schwerpunkt Office 365DüsseldorfBusiness Analysis +1
- CSSSenior DevOps (m/w/d) für den Bereich Research & DeploymentFuldaSystem Engineering / Admin