Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies and universities. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses to create the future. We develop new technologies such as 5G, 6G, AR, AI, Data Analytics and Security in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture etc. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial bias and excellent research landscape and a great place to live with creativity, culture, nature and an international environment.
What will you be doing?
- represent Digital & IT domain independently in strategic initiatives within the company and the Vodafone Group
- develop strategic concepts and analyses based on the IT vision and strategy as well as the IT operating model and responsibility for the implementation of the measures derived from them
- independently develop topics and tools for the development of the IT innovation value chain and proactively deal with current technology trends in this context
- independently initiate experiments for platform topics in the form of MVPs, proof of concepts and prototypes for digital business models and customer experiences
- regularly analyze technological and social trends for IT, derive recommendations for action for senior management and condense the gained insights into clear communication
- responsible for the development and reporting of KPIs to measure the IT value contribution to the company's success
- responsible for building our own effective network for driving IT-based strategy initiatives and innovations within the company and to the Vodafone Group
- present IT vision, strategy and results of initiatives to larger groups of internal employees and external partners
Interfaces (customers, suppliers and others):
- report regularly to clients and stakeholders up to ExCo level
- organize and report in steering boards up to director level
- actively manage and optimize collaboration across all relevant interfaces in programs, projects or line organization
- actively shape and intensify the networking of your division with internal and external partners (such as e.g. suppliers), act as a representative for Vodafone
It would be nice if you have:
- University of Applied Sciences/University Degree
- in-depth knowledge in the field of IT technologies
- interdisciplinary knowledge of current technology trends, market and competition observation
- at least 5-7 years of professional experience in the field of telecommunications, media or cable industry and/or management consulting or equivalent experience
- fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- broad and comprehensive understanding of future trends in digitalization, IT services and the development of the telecommunications market in terms of product portfolios, technology trends, competition and requirements in terms of digital customer experience
- experience in the agile IT transformation of a dynamic and digitalization affine environment through the management or participation in technology-driven business transformations
- if available: methodological knowledge for analysis, conception and implementation from strategy consulting or from the strategy function of a company
- excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- negotiation skills in German and English
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- 30 days holiday
- holiday plus (option to buy additional 10 days)
- flexible working (up to 75% mobile working possible)
- company pension (financed by Vodafone)
- access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- generous global parental leave policy
- access to online sport courses
- car and bike leasing options
- Project Partners ManagementJunior IT-Projektleiter (m/w/d)Hamburg +1Consulting +1
- ALDI NordIT Projektmanager für Rollouts mit Fokus Infrastruktur (m/w/d)EssenProjektmanagement
- AKKAIT Projektmanagement Officer (PMO) (m/w/d)StuttgartProjektmanagement
- Accso - Accelerated SolutionsIT-Projektmanager* (m/w/d) Schwerpunkt MedienKölnProjektmanagement
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Consultant Agile Transformationen & Projektmanagement Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +8Consulting +1