Software Engineer For Satellite Ground Segment Maintenance (w/m/d)
Ort / Standort:EUMETSAT \ Darmstadt \ Germany
Anmeldeschluss für Bewerbungen:30.06.2022 23:59 CET
We are the first choice European aerospace company for software centric engineering solutions. We combine 40 years of experience in a market, where trust and quality are needed. With more than 400 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace – and beyond - together.
Our staff plays a key role for our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of collaboration in an open international environment living our values; trust, integrity, participation and curiosity.
We are committed to crafting a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer a wealth of benefits to support a balanced work life balance, including but not limited to flexible working hours, mobile working and ongoing career development.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with working experience designing, developing and especially maintaining software tools in the ground segment domain and integration and verification experience on data processing software. You should be excellent at problem-solving and multitasking, with a logical and pragmatic demeanour. We want you to learn and grow with us.
And yes, it is really cool to work on space projects!
This full-time and permanent position with an immediate starting date is based at EUMETSAT.
Do you want us to invest in you?
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Maintain, design, develop, document and test software (Bash/Shell, Java) in the framework of ground segment domain
- Investigating & resolving Anomaly Reports (ARs) within given due dates
- Installation and configuration of complex software systems
- Performing and supporting deployments and installations Ground Segment Software Components
- Validating of software components and system integration
- Providing 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis
- University degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Analytical mindset and systematic problem solving approach
- Broad and versatile experience in software engineering
- Confident working with Linux, including shell scripting
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure tools (networks, virtualization, data bases, etc)
- Experience using automated testing technologies
- Motivated, well-organized, flexible and open
- Proficiency in English
- Having worked within the European space industry environment
Your Benefits of joining us
- Work-life balance: Flexible working hours, home office, sabbatical (time off for travelling around the world, extended parental leave, further education, etc.), option to work part time;
- Financial benefits: Company pension plan, net wage optimisation programme including IT / bicycle leasing, discounted annual ticket for public transport, employer loans, etc.;
- Employee recommendation scheme: We are grateful when our employees support us in finding new recruits. You will receive a bonus of 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR per successful recommendation;
- Relocation support: We offer our newcomers a relocation lump sum and support you in finding a suitable new home as well as in finding a school or nursery for your children and much more. Should need be, this can even include support in the search for a job for your partner.
- Career development: For us, further education and training are an essential part of people management, because this is the only way we can achieve our goal, namely a long-term and successful work relationship with you. Would you like to change your professional focus and work on other projects or change geographically? We will support you here as well.
- Company event and activities: We have BBQs, Christmas parties and TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) events. On top of that, we organise team-building events and events internal to departments to promote team spirit. Let us know if you have creative ideas for corporate events or new initiatives that you would like to introduce to our company culture, no matter whether they are of artistic or technical nature.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
We would be glad to hear your feedback about the quality of the above job description, under this Form Candidate Experience - it is anonymous and takes less than two minutes.
- PwC DeutschlandFull-Stack Developer .NET/Vuejs (w/m/d)DüsseldorfAnwendungsentwicklung
- Cryptshare AGSoftwareentwickler Frontend/OWA (m/w/d)Freiburg (im Breisgau)Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- KfW BankengruppeSystementwickler Hosttechnologien und PL/1 (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung
- it-economicsAngular Developer (m·w·d)MünsterAnwendungsentwicklung
- MT AGJava Entwickler (d/w/m) mit Schwerpunkt Camunda BPMKöln +1Anwendungsentwicklung