Scrum Master (f/m/d) for Analytic Solutions
You would like to make a difference and work together with us on our big target to get fossil free within one generation? Do you want to play a significant role in supporting the Asset Driven Business Areas within Vattenfall in accelerating the digital transformation? You are convinced that the information assets generated by our physical assets, i.e. the big data coming from our wind turbines, batteries or heating grids hold the key for improved decision making, advanced business models, optimized asset utilization and further more?
For the Analytic Solutions team, part of Vattenfall IT we are now looking for an ambitious Scrum Master (f/m/d) for Analytic Solutions for our office in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, Luleå, Trollhättan or Stockholm/ Solna.
Your Job as Scrum Master (f/m/d) for Analytic Solutions
The Analytic Solutions team designs, develops and operates IT solutions fitting to the individual demands of the large variety of engineering departments across Vattenfall to make data available, easily accessible and usable for a broad range of analytics and business intelligence purposes. We currently operate four DevOps teams targeting different parts of the organization specifically. Out of those four, the “DIS” (Distribution Intelligence System) team takes care about the Analytics Solution portfolio of the grid operator Distribution Sweden.
The DIS team is growing to meet the increasing demand in Analytics and in data driven decision making. We therefore need to constantly scale and structure the team and we will now migrate the DIS team to a two-team Scrum approach. The Scrum Master plays a central role in that scaling effort and will lead one of the two DevOps teams.
Within the team, the Scrum Master is the first contact for the team members as well as for IT and business stakeholders when it comes to organizing and structuring the work. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the Scrum Master to continuously optimize the way of working of the team which includes leading, training, advising and coaching the whole team, including the Product Owner.
Last but not least, the Scrum Master will improve the agile way of working of the whole department together with our other Scrum Masters.
Your Profile as Scrum Master (f/m/d) for Analytic Solutions
- You possess strong communication skills and you have a distinct drive to ask questions
- Learning new tools and continuously improve your soft and hard skills is your second nature and you embrace working on new topics and projects every day
- You think about data as a massive asset to leverage & are familiar with data sharing concepts
- You have an agile mindset and apply a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
- You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team
- You have a teaching mindset and you love to share your knowledge within the team
- You are able to manage diverse task and to set priorities
- Your pro-active mindset and good sense for others will drive colleagues to perform with you
- You have the ability to translate strategy into tangible actions and concrete next steps
- University degree, ideally in (energy) engineering or IT or a related field
- > 3 years relevant working experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Project Manager, including multiple responsible / leading roles in different engineering departments / companies
- Proven experience in working agile (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, DevOps, etc.)
- Substantial knowledge in the field of (sustainable) energy engineering
- Proven experience and genuine interest in working with information technology
- A good sense for supporting a digital transformation and in strategy execution and tracking
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Analytics and Business Intelligence is advantageous
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must have. Dutch, German or Swedish are a plus
The Analytics Solutions team has members in the Vattenfall offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, Luleå, Stockholm/ Solna and Trollhättan. We provide solutions to Vattenfall departments primarily in Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands, so travelling between our office locations can be part of the job.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. And we have the vision to completely shift the production to fossil free energy sources within one generation. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
What we offer
At Vattenfall we promote smart working. Meaning you can easily combine work life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance. We are convinced that the pursuit of diversity helps to build a profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we are looking for a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- a challenging task within an agile IT department of the Vattenfall Group
- an indefinite fixed position
- a healthy work-life balance (smart working)
- a standard market remuneration
- the opportunity to work in an
- time for you to further develop your profession
- an international team
- a pleasant and trusting working atmosphere
- 30 days‘ holiday per year
- and an attractive pension scheme
For additional specific technical information about this vacancy announcement please contact Dr. Michael Schulze (Manager Analytics Solutions) at +49 1525 4626733. For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Dominik Friebe +49 40 79022 1374.
We look forward to your application in English with a cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant certificates or references. Please apply directly via our application link. Please note that we will only start the selection process after the application period has expired.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page in advance.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a Security Vetting process, according to Swedish legislation.
We look forward to your application!
- Bosch GruppeProjektmanagement vorbeugende Qualität im Einkauf - Electrical Air Compressor (w/m/div.)PfullingenProjektmanagement
- Arvato Supply Chain SolutionsIT Projektmanager Automatisierung (m/w/x)GüterslohProjektmanagement
- Bosch GruppePraktikum IT Project Management (w/m/div.)DresdenProjektmanagement
- BearingPointAnalyst Information & Data Management (m/w/d)Berlin +7Business Analysis +1
- Syntax SystemsSenior Consultant Analytics (m/w/d)WeinheimBusiness Analysis +1