Want to create the world’s best mobile games? Have you got the skills to make that happen? We’re looking for a Developer to join our Kingdom. You’ll be part of a team that speak your language, taking on complex challenges - using some pretty nice tech. Our games are adored by hundreds of millions of people, and you’ll be building them. As well as the engines, systems and platforms that make them play brilliantly on any platform.
Your role within the Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you. Together with your colleagues you will have a part in creating and maintaining our mobile casual games. You will specify, design, build and implement existing and new game features. As part of the development team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, testing and implementing game features
- Taking an active part in game creation
- Maintaining and optimizing new and existing game features
- Contributing high quality and well- structured code to our global code base
- Sharing knowledge and helping colleagues
Skills to create thrills:
In our opinion, programming experience and dedication for gaming as well as the willingness to share great ideas are equally valued. Are you a passionate and creative teammate? Who you are:
- You enjoy programming in C++
- You are passionate about games and would love to create the next big mobile hit
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
- Capable of taking technical ownership for a product or project
- Experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
- EnBW Energie Baden-WürttembergIT Developer / DevOps Engineer mit Schwerpunkt Ops (w/m/d)KarlsruheAnwendungsentwicklung
- KfW BankengruppeYoung Developer-Programm (m/w/d)Frankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung
- Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH & Co. Betriebs KGSoftwareentwickler C und C++ (m/w/d)Rosenheim +1Anwendungsentwicklung
- Kommunaler Versorgungsverband Baden-WürttembergTechnischer Architekt (m/w/d)Karlsruhe +1Anwendungsentwicklung
- Kommunaler Versorgungsverband Baden-WürttembergSoftwareentwickler (m/w/d)Karlsruhe +1Anwendungsentwicklung