Technical Consultant (m/f/d) Technology Consulting
WTW´s Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) provides a powerful combination of advisory services for insurance companies, integrated with leading-edge technology solutions and software that is underpinned by unparalleled analytical capabilities. As well as advising more than three quarters of the world’s leading insurers, ICT is the world’s largest provider of actuarial and insurance solutions that includes leading software products and enterprise platforms.
Our Insurance Consulting and Technology team in Cologne is looking for you as a Technical Consultant (m/f/d) Technology Consulting (Job ID: 220000NV)
As a Technical Consultant, you will provide client-facing pre-sales, implementation and integration of advanced insurance software.
In this role you will be part of a global Technology Consulting Services team and work with Europe, Asia and the Americas. As a recognised Technology specialist, you will make an impact by providing input into the strategic direction of our product portfolio, have opportunities to continuously improve how we work and develop our products, and work closely with development and delivery colleagues from across the globe.
Your main responsibilities:
- Designing technical architecture and deploying Enterprise Software Solutions for the global insurance industry (on-site and remote installation, configuration and support)
- Recommending appropriate bespoke solutions where required
- Providing technical input (infrastructure) and support to development teams
- Providing pre-sales technical support to business consultants and the sales teams
- Training clients on installation and on-going support of advanced software products
- Ad-hoc internal IT support
- Limited, paid, on-call time will be required; currently one week per quarter
From performance reviews to continuing training and regular feedback, we offer the variety, development and challenges you seek in a long-lasting career. You will join teams who are already building on their skills, learning a new industry and working on emerging technologies to advance their careers. You will work in flexible, inclusive and friendly environment.
Joining our Technology Consulting team will open various paths for your career. Technical Consultants have taken leading roles in our software product delivery and became specialists in their own personal areas of interest (technical or non-technical).
- Strong communication skills – the consulting image is important
- Ability to explain complex technical matters simply to a range of different audiences
- Ability to understand complex IT architectures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server platforms and associated technologies (E.g. IIS, Active Directory, Networking)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Educated to degree level or significant industry experience
- Willingness to travel (mostly within Western Europe)
- Experience with Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML, or JSON
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS) experience / certifications
- Experience with a scripting language (Batch, VBA, PowerShell and/or Perl)
- Microsoft SQL Server or SSIS experience, including writing of queries
- Linux experience
- Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing
- Internet Information Server (IIS) experience
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) experience
- Network performance analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including using VBA
- Development experience (.Net, C++, C#, Java)
- Core Microsoft, Azure, Citrix, Cisco, VMWare or other key IT certifications
- Experience in a client facing or consulting role
At Willis Towers Watson you will discover a diverse, team-oriented and flexible working environment with colleagues that take pleasure in providing value-adding advice to clients.
Interested candidates should apply in the “Careers” section of our website at www.wtwco.com/de-de. For further details, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- PwC DeutschlandTrainee Finance & Controlling Consulting (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +4Consulting
- PwC DeutschlandConsultant Technology Consulting - Financial Services (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +3Consulting
- Infomotion GmbHTrainee (m/w/d) Cloud Data ConsultingbundesweitConsulting +2
- modisIT Consultant (m/w/d) Cyber SecurityUlmConsulting +1
- edding AGBerater SAP SD (m/w/divers)AhrensburgConsulting