Product Owner - Data Science Innovation Team (m/f/d)
We're looking for a motivated and driven Product Owner (m/f/d) who will shape the Data Science incubation team, find exciting opportunities to make use of Data Science across business department to have a direct impact on our business and customer experience.
About the team you'd be working with
We apply Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning to improve existing products or strategies. Our stakeholders can be found across the whole company: in marketing, e-commerce, finance, operations, or business development. We're disrupting existing business strategies with technology.
Often great new products and services are the result of our work and completely new teams are staffed around that innovation. Due to the variety of stakeholders and projects we are involved, our work is super diversified and never gets boring. That challenges us every day and opens a lot of learning opportunities for each of us.
We are a self-organized and cross-functional team with a high focus on autonomy and ownership, using typical Agile frameworks. Together we define problem statements and then build MVPs to design solutions. Moreover, we invite you to be an active contributor to the Engineering Community and challenge the Status quo at FlixTech.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Discover high-impact opportunities to apply data science in various business domains of the company
- Drive product vision and roadmap in collaboration with your customers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with business, Data Scientists and Engineers to bring impactul ideas and opportunities to life
- Own, prioritize and refine the product backlog, in line with the strategic vision, to deliver machine learning and optimisation products across business domains
- Find pragmatic balance between speed and quality of engineering
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager working in a highly quantitative way
- Knowledge of the typical lifecycle of a data science product
- Experience reaching out across departments and identifying potential business cases or sourcing ideas to explore
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills
- Good understanding of Agile Software Product development principles and techniques (e.g. User Story Mapping, Impact Mapping, Lean, Design Thinking, etc.)
- Good communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
Our Perks – More than just a job
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride.
- Trust-based working. We don't punch the clock – organize your own schedule. We trust in what you do!
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events – there's always something to celebrate!
- Feel at home. We provide you with a laptop, comfortable working space, free drinks, a casual dress code, diverse employee discounts and more.
- Green beyond colour. Be part of a company with a green purpose. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
If you're interested but hesitant to apply... please do!
Might be that you bring other relevant expertise and experiences we haven't listed and we'd be sad to miss the chance of finding a place where you can thrive at Flix.
We're not perfect, but we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment.
The world needs more people like you applying for jobs like this.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
FlixMobility – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at FlixMobility Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
FlixMobility is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.
- PwC DeutschlandData Analyst Process Mining - Financial Services Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +5Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- CapgeminiJunior Berater Data Analytics / Data Engineering (w/m/d)Berlin +8Business Analysis +2
- ROSSMANNProduct Owner (m/w/d) Auftragsbearbeitung und AuftragssteuerungBurgwedelProduktmanagement
- Governikus GmbH & Co. KGProduct Owner (m/w/d)Berlin +3Produktmanagement
- Deutsche BahnAdministrator Datenbanksysteme PostgreSQL (w/m/d)Berlin +1Datenbankentwicklung / BI +1