The Data and Analytics division (DAA) is dedicated to data assets, data engineering and advanced analytics/AI. We shape and coordinate Munich Re’s agenda in these fields to take advantage of the growing opportunities provided by data and analytics. Our goal is to enable new and better business via data-centric solutions and create new strategic options through data & analytics excellence.
The Data Management & Engineering team drives the Munich Re data ecosystem. We supply technology, processes and AI capabilities to ensure data is well structured, easily accessible and embedded in all core operations and innovative client solutions. At the exciting forefront of the digital transformation and the rapidly growing importance of data, our aim is to improve our insurance/reinsurance business, develop new solutions and services, and contribute to the creation of new business models.
We are looking for a product manager who is responsible for our global data intake and data pipelining infrastructure and operations.
- Advancing Munich Re´s data pipelining infrastructure and operations to the next level
- Driving the vision and roadmap for data pipelines in alignment with key stakeholders and the leadership team
- Supporting the creation of data assets and the execution of our data strategy
- Growing the near-shore pipeline operations team in Europe and establishing a global presence in the US and Asia if needed
- Striving for continuous improvement of the infrastructure and operations teams towards self-service and operational excellence
- Coaching a team of data engineers, cloud architects and ETL developers in Munich & Warsaw
- Collaborating with IT Business Technology and ERGO T&S as delivery partners and with Data Analytics and business units throughout Munich Re as key stakeholders
- Passion for data, product thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset
- University degree in computer science, physics, maths, statistics or an equivalent degree
- Experience in working as a product owner in a data-related role
- Excellent understanding of cloud architectures, data management and ETL tools
- Experience in working across geographies and in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Flexibility and a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
As the world's leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel. Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation. Sounds like you? Make it happen and be part of Munich Re.
- You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modeled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
- You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
- We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
- You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working leveraging digitalization to deliver solutions
- Join us, and experience that we lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
- PwC DeutschlandData Analyst Process Mining - Financial Services Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +5Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- CapgeminiJunior Berater Data Analytics / Data Engineering (w/m/d)Berlin +8Business Analysis +2
- ROSSMANNProduct Owner (m/w/d) Auftragsbearbeitung und AuftragssteuerungBurgwedelProduktmanagement
- Governikus GmbH & Co. KGProduct Owner (m/w/d)Berlin +3Produktmanagement
- Deutsche BahnAdministrator Datenbanksysteme PostgreSQL (w/m/d)Berlin +1Datenbankentwicklung / BI +1