Senior Software Development Engineer (m/f/d)
You probably think that working for an online travel agency that manages hundreds of millions of bookings per year or working for an airline that operates hundreds of thousands of flights per year must bring their fair chair of challenge. If so, just try to realize the scalability, the performance, the resiliency, the geographical distribution challenges that are behind the system that powers 150 airlines, hundreds of websites, tens of airports, thousands of hotel properties. Just one fact to illustrate: In peak times, we process more than 17,000 transactions per second (1 billion+ transactions per day) at an average system response time of less than 0.3 seconds.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting?
Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
As Software Engineer at Amadeus, you will build scalable, reliable solutions to ensure travelers have the best experience all around the world. Together with your team, you will have end-to-end responsibility to develop new features, plan non-functional evolution, architectural changes and modifications at component or system level.
- Design and develop scalable, cloud-native distributed systems
- Technical leadership of projects and initiatives
- Troubleshoot and investigate incidents, making sure the root cause is identified
- Report any existing gap, single point of failure, bottleneck or general problem in the existing design
- Propose product evolutions, analyze trade-offs and drive initiatives to improve efficiency
- Contribute with ideas and feedback to improve the overall team effectiveness
- Contribute to the release pipeline with new automation, extended testing, better validation or improved self-diagnostic
- Influence the roadmap and the evolution, at product, component and system level, for the next year
- Evaluate new technologies and the potential impact in the system
- Mentor junior engineers
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to write performant, reusable, clean code in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, C++, Python
- Very good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Very good understanding of the pros and cons of data stores and queueing systems
- Experience building and running applications in Linux environment and Kubernetes
- Experience designing, building and running distributed systems
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or similar experience working on a software/product development environment
- Experience writing front-end applications in Angular
- Experience building web applications (REST, GraphQL) with high throughput
- Experience designing pipelines for continue integration and delivery
What we offer to you:
- Join an innovative company which undertakes an amazing journey to the #cloud
- Experience in an environment with unique complexity and a hardly matched criticality among the leading tech companies
- Professional development in a truly international and multisite environment with a great mix of people
- A wide set of trainings available to broaden your knowledge and enhance your soft skills incl. on-line learning hubs packed of technical and soft skills to help to develop any competencies
- Enter a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Competitive remuneration and a number of additional benefits such as internet and commuting allowance, job bike, subsidized canteen, insurances, hybrid working model incl. up to 20 days of work from abroad, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- infoteamJava-/ FullStack-Entwickler (m/w/x) Public ServiceDortmund +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- Governikus GmbH & Co. KGJava Developer (m/w/d)Berlin +3Anwendungsentwicklung
- DIgSILENT GmbHSOFTWAREENTWICKLER (M/W/D) - System IntegrationDresdenAnwendungsentwicklung
- FDM GroupTrainee Java Entwickler (m/w/d)Berlin +4Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbHTechnischer Projektleiter / Senior-Softwareentwickler / -Architekt (gn)FürstenfeldbruckAnwendungsentwicklung +1