Research Engineer (m/f/d) - Audio for Virtual Reality
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
Fraunhofer IIS established a name for itself around the world thanks to the development of the mp3 and AAC audio codecs, which enable more than 10 billion devices worldwide. Furthermore, software solutions for the creation and playback of digital motion pictures have been developed at Fraunhofer IIS and we have made cinema digital thanks to the DCI test plan.
Do you have a passion for audio for Virtual Reality?
Join us in the exciting world of audio technology for VR/AR experiences.
What you will do
As part of our »Advanced Audio Research« team, you will research, develop and optimize audio algorithms for the next generation of immersive audio standards, building the cutting-edge technologies for realistic real-time audio rendering in virtual environments. You will work in an international team of passionate experts, following the time critical schedule of MPEG standardization. Your work will be shaping tomorrow’s audio technology for VR/AR experiences.
What you bring to the table
- A scientific degree (Master, PhD or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, Physics or a related subject
- Solid experiences with programming in C/C++ and/or Python
- Work experience in collaborative, large scale development environments
- Understanding of digital audio signal processing
- Know-how in the following topics are a plus:
- Programming real-time audio applications
- Experience with game engines (VR or AR development)
- Physics or acoustic simulations
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- A good team spirit
- Self-organization skills and resilience
What you can expect
- Our colleagues enjoy our positive work culture: We are open-minded, help and trust each other.
- Projects with a strong practical component motivate our employees to drive innovation.
- An exciting role: Attractive working environment within world’s top audio experts
- Our committed teams offer freedom for your own ideas and room for creativity.
- We value personal contact: Through our structured onboarding process, you easily become familiar with our institute and are able to extend your network successfully.
- We take your needs seriously: We support your work-life-balance by offering flexible working hours and hybrid work.
For more details click here: https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/jobs/arbeiten.html
The weekly working time is 39 hours. The position is initially limited to 2 years with the aim to extend it subsequently.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 34389
- DATEV eGIndustriepromotion im Bereich Forschung und Entwicklung für Daten-Ökosysteme (m/w/d)NürnbergAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)WeltraumwetterforschungNeustrelitzForschung
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich ProvenienzKölnForschung
- Fraunhofer IPAWissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (m/w/d) Digitaler Zwilling BatterieproduktionStuttgartForschung
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)Erforschung der Entstehung von Data BiasesJenaDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1