Egosoft, the creators of the popular X space simulation game series, are looking for a Universe / Level Designer with extensive knowledge of our games to work with us on the future of the X series. As a Universe / Level Designer at Egosoft, you will create high-quality universe environments and map out their layout so that they function within the rules of our space sandbox / simulation game. This is done in close continuous coordination with the art and design teams.
You are confident in using the necessary tools and you strive for high standards. You document and share your progress as well as identify difficulties that arise, react in a solution-oriented manner and support your colleagues with advice and assistance.
This is a full-time position based in Würselen, Germany, and available immediately. Relocation assistance is offered.
- Extensive knowledge of X4: Foundations and / or previous games of the X series
- Ability to own and define the player experience, pacing and flow, while working on improving it in close continuous coordination with our artists and game designers
- Confident in using 3D Editing Tools
- Experience with XML file structures
- Good understanding of light and composition, as well as scene optimization
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in Level Design
- Previous experience in Game Design
- Experience with concepting
- Experience with game object scripting
- Experience with planning and documentation software (Jira / Confluence)
- Valtech Mobility GmbHUX/UI Designer (w/m/d)MünchenUX / UI
- Fachhochschule DortmundProfessur für „Digital Design, Informatik“ (m/w/d)DortmundProjektmanagement +1
- CofinproUX/UI Designer (w/m/d)Frankfurt am MainUX / UI
- CapgeminiPraktikant UX/UI Design (w/m/d)Berlin +1UX / UI
- ALDI SÜD ITUX/UI Designer - Web & Mobile App (m/w/d)Mülheim (Ruhr)UX / UI