(Senior) DevSecOps Engineer (m/f/d)
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We are bringing urban air mobility to life by introducing our air taxis and drones as an electric addition to current transportation options in megacities worldwide. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011, we performed the first-ever crewed flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopters.
Your mission during this flight:
As a (Senior) DevSecOps Engineer, you assist the DevOps and Cyber Security team in overseeing aspects related to the overall security of the development and operation of Volocopter’s products and enterprise solutions. You are involved in researching, reviewing, and making security recommendations on any new and existing corporate enterprise software from a perspective of security design, integration, and operational readiness. For any cloud infrastructure resources provided by the DevOps Team, you are reviewing and discussing all technical security designs to ensure we raise them to the highest standards.
- You work jointly with different product teams and fit the needs of state-of-the-art security
- You contribute to guidelines and security specifications for the documentation of the corporate architecture
- You promote continuous delivery and DevOps culture together with the security-first mindset
- You work actively on our logging, monitoring, and alerting systems (Azure Monitor, Sentinel, Defender and whatever you think might help us)
- You support the definition of the network infrastructure of our farms and cloud environment (IoT Hub, VWAN)
- You foster excellence in our software and enterprise solutions team in points of security, scalability, and reliability
Check in your professional skills:
- A degree in business informatics, mathematics, economics, or a comparable vocational training - we also welcome career changers with completed training or studies with several years of relevant work experience
- Versed experience in developing and operating applications in cloud infrastructure, micro-services, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS (optional)
- Solid knowledge of Linux administration
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability management (identifying, tracking, prioritising, and joint work with teams to resolve)
- Profound knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Security implementation experience (OWASP, SAST, DAST…etc.) as well as auth protocols, SSO, OAuth2, OIDC
- Strong problem-solving (and problem-avoiding) skills and attention to detail (Application behaviour, Networking, Security)
- Extensive experience working with distributed systems, including deep knowledge of UDP & TCP protocols
- Experience with some of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, etc..
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
- ITcaresSenior IT Administrator / Senior IT System Engineer (m/w/d)StuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin
- Statistisches Landesamt Baden-WürttembergNetzwerkadministrator (w/m/d)StuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin
- PwC DeutschlandMitarbeiter für den 1st & 2nd Level IT Support (w/m/d)Berlin +3System Engineering / Admin
- EnBW Energie Baden-WürttembergCloud Solution Architect (w/m/d)KarlsruheAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Statistisches Landesamt Baden-WürttembergSystemadministrator Schwerpunkt Linux (w/m/d)StuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin +1