QA Tester (f/m/d)
About the position
As a QA Tester at Klang, you’ll work directly with the rest of the development team, ensuring that SEED is the best game it can be. From reactive testing of features during early prototyping and design, through exploratory testing where you really try to find all the ways to break our game, to final validation before a new version of the game reaches players. You’ll act as an immutable advocate of quality for your fellow developers and SEED’s players.
What you will do
- Maintain and contribute to the creation of test plans covering game features from their initial inception until their delivery and beyond.
- Together with the QA Director and the rest of the QA Team, you’ll be an advocate for our QA processes and for the quality of SEED.
- Embedded into the development team, you’ll work directly with members of all departments.
- Monitor and prioritize your teams assigned bugs, advising them on what’s most painful for our players and what should be fixed first.
- Monitor several branches simultaneously and assist with deploying the game for other Klangers and SEED’s players.
Who we think will be a great fit
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment
- You have a technical mind, are a natural problem solver and know how to find out what you don’t know yet.
- You appreciate an open and honest working environment, and your communication skills are up to the task of participating in the same manner.
- You have a knack for finding the weak points in a game and the writing skills to document a bug clearly and precisely.
- You’re excited about learning to use new tools and processes.
- You have an education in games or software development
- You have experience in working on at least 1 live operated game
- Knowledge of JIRA, TestRail or similar tools
- You’re passionate about large scale MMOs and video games in general.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project, building the MMO of the future with a plenty of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours) and options for international remote work
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- State-of-the-art work hardware
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
- USU Software AG(Junior) Consultant (d/w/m) – Software Testing und QualitätssicherungBerlin +3Consulting +1
- gicomSoftware Test Expert (m/w/d)bundesweitQuality Assurance
- msgJunior Berater Testautomation Engineer / Agile Tester (m/w/d)Berlin +15Consulting +1
- CleverShuttleQuality Assurance Engineer (m/f/d)BerlinQuality Assurance
- BilfingerSoftware - Tester / QA Analyst (m/w/d)SchwetzingenBusiness Analysis +1