IT Architecture Specialist (w/m/d)- Innovation and Architecture
Frankfurt am Main
Type of contract Fixed-term contract, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply? EU nationals
Salary E/F (bracket 1 - step 1) full time monthly net salary: €4,229 plus benefits, for further information see what we offer.
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 03.01.2023
You will be part of the Innovation and Architecture Services Division in the Directorate General Information Systems. Our Division has 20 staff and we are currently working on our journey to the cloud and the digitalisation of processes in the ECB and the European System of Central Banks (ESCB).
In your role as IT Architecture Specialist you will be part of a team of architects and work with other IT specialists and business area representatives on a diverse set of tasks including, for example, cloud implementation and citizen development (low-code) platforms.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As an IT Architecture Specialist you will:
- develop and manage architectural blueprints, models, designs and other related artifacts;
- engage and collaborate with end-users and business representatives to develop application architectures and user experience designs;
- perform hands-on development of prototypes and proof of concepts using a large variety of technologies;
- participate in the creation and evolution of architectural and design strategies for the ECB and ESCB;
- represent the team and the ECB in international architecture and design-related fora.
The position offers excellent opportunities to contribute to the digitalisation of the ECB using modern technologies and delivery models. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology or a related subject (see How you can join us for details on degree equivalences);
- in addition to the above, a minimum of three years’ experience in the field of information technology, either in IT architecture or user experience design;
- experience working with design thinking methodology;
- experience with professional modelling or design tools such as ARIS;
- strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to be part of our team and to develop and use your skills and competencies to achieve the aims of this position.
We would be happy to discuss a part-time arrangement for this role.
The contract offered will be fixed-term, the appointment being for 24 months as of the exact starting date of the selected person. Temporary appointments may be extended or made permanent subject to organisational needs and budgetary constraints. This may result in a staff member with a non-convertible fixed-term contract being offered a convertible contract in accordance with the ECB Conditions of Employment.
Application and selection process
The recruitment process for this position will be conducted remotely. It will include a written exercise, a presentation and an interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list (see step 4 of How we hire), from which you might be considered for similar positions within the ECB.
Find out how to apply for a position at the ECB.
Read more about joining us.
- AraCom IT ServicesFrontend Entwickler Angular (m/w/d)AugsburgAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Deutsche Rentenversicherung BundFrontend - Entwickler*in (m/w/div)BerlinAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- CapgeminiSenior Frontend Developer Customer Experience (w/m/d)Berlin +8Projektmanagement +1
- EPLANFrontend-Softwareentwickler (m/w/d) CloudMonheim am RheinAnwendungsentwicklung +2