Data Engineer (f/m/d)
About the position
You would work alongside our Platform Engineers and Backend Engineers on providing a state-of-the-art, reliable and scalable platform for the other teams to build on. We need your expertise to enable us to make more data-informed decisions as a company!
What you will do
- Building, maintaining, and operating batch and streaming pipelines to ingest data into BigQuery from various sources: in-game tracking events, backend services, website analytics, advertising outlets, Discord servers, etc.
- Ensuring that the data we collect is valid, up-to-date, and available.
- Working closely with Data Analysts to make sure they have the necessary tools and data sets in place to produce valuable insights.
- Collaborating with Platform Engineers on establishing and evolving our data infrastructure practices in line with our broader cloud infrastructure strategy.
- Cooperate with software engineers across the organization to help them adopt best practices for integrating with our data pipelines.
Who we think will be a great fit
- Experience in building and operating data pipelines in a production environment.
- Knowledge with Google Cloud Platform’s data services or the willingness to learn based on experience with comparable cloud providers (AWS, Azure).
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Skilled in using Python for data engineering tasks, e.g. Apache Beam, dbt, Apache Airflow, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of data engineering technologies and practices.
- Being a fan of large-scale MMOs.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily - once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Consultant Data & Analytics Transfer Pricing Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +11Business Analysis +2
- thyssenkruppData Architect Data Warehouse / Data Lake (m/w/d)DuisburgDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1
- imbusIT-Consultant / Software Entwickler Backend Datenbanken (m/w/d)MöhrendorfAnwendungsentwicklung +2
- REWE digital GmbHDatenbank-Administrator Db2 für z/OS (m/w/d)KölnDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1
- AXAWerkstudent Platform Engineer / Data Engineer (m/w/d)KölnDatenbankentwicklung / BI +1