Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie
Software Engineer (f/div/m)
Job Advertisement Leibniz-HKI-07/2023
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The department Microbiome Dynamics invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply as Software Engineer (f/div/m).
The department Microbiome Dynamics is seeking a highly skilled software engineer to join a thriving community around large-scale biological data. Given the high demand for big data analysis applications in the life sciences, our demands for hardware and software solutions for efficient high-performance computation increased accordingly. We recently achieved funding for a significant update of our computer hardware. On top, we reach out to the community whenever possible and encapsulate our services into pipelines and web applications. These require constant monitoring and maintenance. To ensure the fulfillment of our goals we welcome applications of software and IT specialists with the following expertise.
- A bachelors or higher degree in computer science, software engineering or bioinformatics or demonstrated software development experience
- Expertise on servers and developing/maintaining analysis pipelines via Bash and Docker
- Proficiency in Python and/or R for pipeline and web application development
- An interest on life sciences – but scientific background in life sciences is not required for this role
Task to be fulfilled:
In collaboration with our team, the tasks to be addressed by the software engineer comprise:
- Cluster management/server administration
- Distributed computing/software scaling toward grid engines
- Monitoring/workload surveillance of our HPCs
- Web app development and maintenance
- Curation of pipelines dedicated to efficient high-throughput data preprocessing and analysis
- The successful candidate will be hosted in the department Microbiome Dynamics of Prof. Dr. Gianni Panagiotou of the Leibniz-HKI in an international, dynamic team, with access to state-of-the-art computational resources.
- We offer an international and multi-disciplinary environment. Currently, the group consists of approximately 15 members at different levels of seniority.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees) and based on qualification of the candidates it could range from salary group E10 to E12.
Leibniz-HKI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It aims to increase the proportion of underrepresented groups in case of equal suitability. All qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law will receive consideration for employment.
Complete applications in English should include a cover letter, a CV, a certificate of study/transcript of records, and should be submitted via the Leibniz-HKI online application system. The deadline for the advertisement is March 31, 2023, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- modisFrontend Entwickler (m/w/d)Hanau am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Lufthansa Industry SolutionsSoftware Engineer (all genders) Cloud NativeNorderstedt +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- DriversCheck GmbHFull-Stack-Entwickler (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung
- Reply Deutschland SEJunior Full Stack Developer (m/w/d)MünchenAnwendungsentwicklung
- SENEC GmbHEmbedded Softwareentwickler*in Linux C++bundesweit +2Anwendungsentwicklung +2