Senior Back-End Engineer (f/md)
Here at C&A we’re embracing the digital transformation taking place across the retail sector, whilst also ensuring we don’t lose sight of our heritage.
“Let’s build the future together - the best is yet to come”
With rapid growth within our in-house engineering team, we are looking for senior engineers who are truly passionate about back-end development and can use that passion to coach and guide colleagues along our digital journey. We want experienced back-end engineers to come and join our close-knit agile delivery teams, where they will develop back-end components of our web shop using the latest Java technologies and REST APIs.
While we are hiring for positions in squads that focus on specific areas of development, engineers are encouraged to contribute to all areas of the product, from frontend to DevOps. As a result, you will gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies and methodologies, such as Cloudflare Workers, AWS Lambda and Serverless implementations, and infrastructure-as-code tools like Docker, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
Key aspects of this role will include:
- You are responsible for the integration of services within our eCommerce IT system landscape which is based on the best of breed approach
- Being part of one of multiple scrum teams, you will be elaborating technical concepts for the implementation of user stories and tasks
- You assure the quality of your implementation with automated component and integration tests and create project related deployment pipelines
- You collaborate with the product owner, requirement engineers and the business in creating requirements and are the main contact for technical questions
- You support operations with maintenance and troubleshooting
We would love to speak to those with a blend of some or all of the following:
- Basic knowledge of eCommerce business processes - from logistics to product display
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs
- Solid knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language (preferably Maven- based Java projects) and common development tools (e.g. Eclipse, Postman, Git, Jenkins or ELK)
- Strong experience with markup languages, like XML and JSON
- Good knowledge of relational (SQL) and document based databases - ideally Oracle
- Fluent English skills, German is an asset
This is an opportunity for you to join us on a truly exciting digital transformation, where you’ll be able to leave footprints that last and contribute significantly to our digital vision. As well as knowing that you played a key part in the evolution of one of Europe's most recognisable retail brands, you will also enjoy:
- An international and inspirational working environment
- An in-depth induction into your life at C&A
- A positive working atmosphere with an open feedback culture
- Attractive discounts including a public transport travel pass and remote working options
C&A fosters equal opportunity for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are led by a gender- balanced board committed to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can become their best self. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, parental and family status, or any other protected characteristic. We welcome applications from women, men and non-binary candidates of all ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage people belonging to underrepresented groups to apply.
- OneStop Pro Software Solutions GmbHSoftwareentwickler (m/w/d)PassauAnwendungsentwicklung
- Max-Planck-GesellschaftProgrammierer*in (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung
- ArvatoIT Trainee - SAP Consulting & Development (m/w/x)Düren +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- OBI nextIT Software Engineer Fokus EDI (m/w/d)WermelskirchenAnwendungsentwicklung
- W+P SolutionsIT-Projektmanager / (Senior) Consultant und Entwickler AS/400 / iSeries / System iCobol (m/w/d)StuttgartAnwendungsentwicklung +2