Application Architect – Data Platforms (m/f/x)
Frankfurt am Main
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting.In your role, you’ll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
You’ll collaborate with client stakeholders and internal partners to understand the business problem and requirements, constraints of the system and concerns of the various stakeholders to systematically transform detailed solutions (architectures) for the client.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Design centralized or distributed systems that both address the user’s requirements and perform efficiently and effectively.
- Manage end-to-end data architecture, starting from selecting the platform, designing a technical architecture and developing the application.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports discovering key insights.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years practical experience
- With Data platforms architecture, data platforms implementation
- In / with Big Data projects using Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, Python, SPSS/R or NoSql technologies
- In across systems integration, information management business analytics and architecture
- In design with programming on high-scale or distributed systems (such as Hadoop)
- Programming skills (Java/Python)
At least 2 years practical experience
- With Cloud or Cloud native platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google,
- In data warehouse environment and knowledge of existing and emerging data integration approaches
- In data architecture of designing and developing logical data models
- In / with high performance distributed parallel file system storage technology such as GPFS, GFS, CloudStore, HDFS or similar
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- German fluent
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Other Relevant Job Details
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- wilhelm.telIT-Database Administrator/ Engineer (m/w/d)Norderstedt +1System Engineering / Admin +1
- CSB-SystemJunior Projektmanager Schwerpunkt Automationskonzepte (m/w/d)GeilenkirchenProjektmanagement +1
- ROSSMANNData Scientist (m/w/d) remotebundesweit +9Datenbankentwicklung/BI
- Windhoff GroupConsultant (m/w/d) Data Warehouse/BWbundesweitConsulting +1
- FDM GroupTrainee Projektmanagement IT (m/w/d)bundesweitProjektmanagement +1