- System Engineering / Admin
- Informatik (Andere)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Docker (Container)
- React (JS)
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to strengthen our development team. Your work directly impacts thousands of influencers and hundreds of brands that use our platform.
The DevOps position involves a wide range of tasks, but we believe that the foundation is a good understanding of coding. Automation and Infrastructure as Code move into the centre of cloud computing.
You’ll be working on the platform’s microservice architecture and infrastructure; building a solid foundation for further growth and a stable platform.
- Running scalable infrastructure on AWS is not new to you.
- You have a good understanding of modern cloud infrastructure best practices.
- You have a good coding background. The skill set has shifted due to the DevOps movement.
- Having experience with running Node.js services in production would be big plus.
- Having experience with Docker and ecosystem would be a big plus.
- You care about solutions: “How it is done is as important as having it done”.
- You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience among the team.
Here are a few things you could work on:
- On our cloud infrastructure: One integral part of our system are its resources. We host all of our infrastructure in the “cloud” mainly on AWS and compose.io. Help us to manage the setup efficiently with infrastructure as code.
- On the reliability of our platform: One of the most critical parts of our business is the uptime of our platform. No customer will be happy if it’s either slow or down. You will work on approaches to regularly review our infrastructure and take actions accordingly.
- On our CI / CD system: The bread and butter of successful product development. We ship software every day, and we want to make sure it happens with high quality. Work with us to improve our deployment pipelines such that the team receives faster feedback if things fail, but also earlier and better understand problems.
- On embracing the full-stack approach: We don’t follow the idea of separated engineers and operations. If you build software, you should also know the issue if things go wrong. Help us to develop the tools that enable the engineers to understand the impact of their changes in production better.
- These are not all topics! Drop us a note if you’re more curious and want to know more.
Good to know:
- Our engineering blog: We regularly publish articles about React & co., node.js, product development and engineering management. You might find something interesting. Check it out!
- 10% policy: Everybody in the team is free to spend 10% of their work time on innovative ideas and technologies which interest them, such as open source and thought leadership.
- Remote work: We are open to people who don’t live in Berlin and don’t want to relocate. The only requirement at the moment is that you live in Europe. This makes the organization and process easier for all of us.