- Machine Learning
- Work in an international team to do research in algorithms, data structures and protocols for distributed database systems
- Patent and publish new ideas in scientific conferences
- Prototype and evaluate the solutions in real use-case scenarios
- Active role in the research community as Huawei representative in Conference Program Committees, Standardization Groups, etc.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with at least 2 years of postdoc experience.
- Publications in Computer Science conferences and/or journals, in one or more of the following: databases, distributed systems, high-performance computing, database query engines, streaming. Top conferences (VLDB, SIGMOD, ICDE, WWW, CIKM) will be appreciated.
- Publication in the following areas will be also appreciated: machine learning, networking, storage, streaming.
- C/C++ programming skills in multithreaded environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English