- Embedded Systems
- Quality Assurance
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Software Engineer on our site in Hennigsdorf, Germany . Join the Rolling Stock division (RoQ) and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role.
The RoQ organisation specialises in the design of bogies, bodyshell, TCMS (Train Control Management System), traction and braking systems, underframe equipment structural approval, service support, warranty support and electrical equipment.
In the Software Engineer role you apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of software and systems to fulfil the stakeholder requirements.
You work on the design, analysis, tests and provide engineering solutions that solve complex customer requirements. You provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs as well as technical expertise in support of other departments and less experienced engineering personnel.
- To analyse and transform specified requirements into detailed design solutions which have the required safety integrity level
- Specification, development, execution and documentation of software and software tests based on architecture and design specifications according to EN 50128:2011 / EN 50657
- To ensures proper documentation during all project phases.
- To carry out requirements engineering and controlling change and communicating to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop the test cases and associated documentation to demonstrate compliance to the agreed system requirements
- Tool-based interface management specification
- Support of the commissioning of new functionalities in the lab and on the trains
- You will work as part of agile international SW development team. All team members are responsible to manage the project's scope by setting, maintaining and reporting project budgets and schedules.
- Monitoring metrics on the status of critical tasks and objectives as well as expediting project related issues and topics.
- We encourage a healthy and modern work environment and you will be able to opt into our 5 days/ month, “work from home” option as you see fit.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrotechnics or Automation
- Minimum 2 years of experience (post graduate, preferable in railway sector).
- Very good English skills are a must.
- Deep knowledge of programming of control systems according to IEC 61131
- Experience in validation of the software
- Safety-related SW development experience according to EN 50128 is an advantage
- Work independently through the SW application life cycle