- Mobile Development
- Quality Assurance
Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic, we love to solve problems and give travellers choices in how to pay their fares quickly and safely through our revenue management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems and tools. We enable transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network - all in real time.
We continually strive for innovation and improvement in the overall user experience through faster fare payment and efficient information management.
Our track record in revenue management, real-time passenger information and intelligent traffic management systems is built on our commitment to delivering innovative, open and customer-focused solutions. Delivering end-to-end systems and services based on innovation, scalability, specialist integration and the flexibility to grow with changing requirements and emerging technology for the complete mobility network is what Cubic does best.
We deliver to the major cities around the world and in the United Kingdom we are best known as the technology and service provider for London’s Oyster Card System.
As an employer, we are committed to investing in our people via learning and development schemes, social events and achieving a good work/life balance.
We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
With an education in software and/or computing, an under-graduate Software Engineer will develop technical expertise, as well as a quality and delivery focus, to their work on a day to day basis. Working within development teams under the guidance of Senior or Lead Software Engineers and Solution Architects. The role will be to develop software across the scope of Cubic applications. The role will primarily be focused on the development of software and will have interaction with many parts of the development lifecycle from detailed design through to integration and support of acceptance testing.
You will form a critical part of the Software Engineering team to input into proposals for customers and stakeholders and engineer the software to meet the requirements which are likely to impact on the transit of millions of travelers across the customers transport network.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company standards and best practice for software design, implementation and test.
- Working with other Software Engineers and Solution Architects to interpret designs to produce appropriate working applications.
- Produce and maintain internal technical documentation as required, such as software designs, test specifications, technical notes.
- Provides technical skills in software development and while improving their own capability and adoption of best practice.
- Take part in solution integration and acceptance testing as appropriate.
- Develop your own skills to keep them relevant and current to the domain of work.
- Comply with project task management processes for monitoring progress, providing meaningful estimates for remaining effort and notifying Team Leaders or Project Management when issues arise.
- Works under direction of a Team Leader within a clear framework of accountability and demonstrates personal responsibility within that framework
- Shares experience to promote continual improvement of the capability within the development team
- Engages actively in team collaboration and co-ordination activities, such as planning and review meetings
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
The post holder must have:
- A positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Willingness to prepare for new challenges by learning and applying new languages, frameworks and technologies
- Ability to work effectively as a team member within a development team, contributing to development output, sharing responsibility, solving problems and producing high quality product.
- Ability to understand and follow the necessary company processes and procedures for software development.
- A good level of attention to detail and a thorough approach to all aspects of their work.
- Knowledge of one of the following languages
- C# using the .Net framework
Desired skills and qualities:
- Knowledge of Web and / or Mobile Development
- Knowledge of the wider solution development life-cycle, including an appreciation of the importance of each phase.
- Knowledge in producing technical documentation to support application detailed design, tests and technical notes.
Education and qualifications
- Actively studying towards a degree level education in a relevant Computer Science based subject.
- Excellent familiarity with computer software and technology in general.
- Analytical problem solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify key issues
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to operate independently to gather information from a variety of sources and be open to sharing knowledge gained.
- Approachable, adaptable and able to work on their own or as part of a team
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
- Vor mehr als 30 Tagen ausgeschrieben
- Full time
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link: