- Quality Assurance
Are you a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies? Are you are a problem solver; someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common problems? Do you get a little obsessed with the details?
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team to support and evolve the design, implementation, and operational support of 3rd Party Inventory Platform that span business side and engineering departments.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Build a high extendable and scalable 3rd party inventory platform to enable innovation for corporations with external partners
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain compliance applications for the Groupon microservice ecosystem
- Implement efficient streaming ETL pipelines to collect and converge extrinsic data
- Support external partners on integration to the platform
- Own or share end-to-end ownership of the tasks you develop, including
- Share and grow in a very smart, diverse and inclusive engineering team
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Java
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies, design patterns and best coding practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.