- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Apache Hive
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning
XING Events is the only provider to both unite intelligent attendee management software and business networking on one platform and to offer solutions for successful event promotion and easy-to-use one-stop ticket sales.
As part of the New Work SE, XING Events connects 16 million members on XING, the social network for professional contacts, with relevant events in German-speaking regions. The expert in events with professional standards also creates a bridge between the online and the offline world by bringing people together at events.
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/x)
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will take our recommender and search systems to the next level. You can help more than 16 million XING members find events and groups that fit their interests and meet like-minded people!
A challenging task
- Solve challenging problems in the context of search, recommender systems and machine learning.
- Perform analyses on massive amounts of data and build scalable machine learning models, ranking algorithms and help automating machine learning processes
- Develop new and enhance existing algorithms and services using technologies such as Scala, elasticsearch, and Hadoop technologies (e.g. Hive, MapReduce)
A convincing background
- University degree in Computer Science, Math or similar discipline
- Hands-on experience in exploring large datasets (e.g. with Hive, R, Python, etc.) and creating machine learning models
- Solid programming skills (preferably also in Scala/Java)
- Experience in implementing scalable models and algorithms that process large datasets and are used in production services
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in the information retrieval or machine learning domain
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
An inspiring environment
XING Events offers a dynamic environment located very conveniently in the center of Munich. We make sure you’re happy by strongly encouraging a good work-life balance, having high levels of collegiality and flat structures. You will receive all the equipment you need to do a great job, a new laptop as well as a choice of smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. Besides attending inspiring events, you have the option to work with your team on any topic you choose for a full week per quarter during our HackWeeks.
If you have any questions please let us know!