Back-End / Cloud Developer (f/m/x)
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Together with our clients, we co-create transformational businesses and services to redefine the way humans and technology interact. We show the direction. We design customer experiences. We code. We make you the culture you need. We make future digital businesses.
As a backend developer, you will help the world's leading businesses to develop compelling and well-thought-out digital solutions together with the most skilled people in tech, design and business you're likely to find. Our ways of working are all about speed and agility, and our culture about transparency, caring and trust. Commitment to a silo-free way of working, positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude are crucial properties for all employees alongside strong and engaging communication skills. Individuals are given the freedom to deliver the highest standard of work in the best way possible, producing game-changing digital products and services in collaboration with ambitious international clients.
Here are some practical things that would definitely help in this job
We are looking for talented people for whom tech choices are about finding a balance of creating scalable, maintainable and modern digital services – and getting things done effectively.
- Fluent in one or more programming languages and ecosystems: possibly with TypeScript and Node.js, perhaps Java/Scala/Clojure, or maybe with C#
- Curiosity about how things work under the hood and dabbled with web frameworks, continuous integration, test automation, continuous deployment and databases
- In-depth knowledge of one major public cloud platform or two, development pipeline implementation and scripting, and long-term system maintenance
- Eagerness to keep on learning new things
- Experience with cloud-native / Kubernetes technologies.
- Experience in DevOps, supporting developers by providing infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD systems, etc.
- Developing and implementing quality assurance (QA) processes.
- Agile experience, perhaps even as a Scrum Master.
- Experience with IoT devices and services.
- Open-source contributor.
One or two Nice-to-haves would be excellent. Three would blow our minds. Four may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. Besides our people and our culture that has been awarded internationally, we have even more multiple benefits for you
- Flexible working hours
some are night owls, other early birds! No one is equally productive 9 to 5 and we are fine with it!
- Load your batteries
you will have 30 paid vacation days!
- We consider individual needs
Choose the way you work best by selecting your own devices and tools.
- Remote work
You can work from anywhere for up to four weeks each year.
- Personal IT budget
which allows you to regularly update your work equipment
- Ultimate learning platform
continuous learning is one of our core values, therefore you will be offered various learning opportunities in your daily work as well as internal learning events, training and meet-ups to share and enlarge your knowledge
- Company pension scheme
you have the possibility to participate in a direct insurance company pension plan
- Sports benefit
We want our Futuemployees to stay fit and healthy! Therefore Futurice sponsors your personal membership at Urban sports with a certain amount of the monthly costs.
- Social responsibility program
where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- Agile working environment
short decision paths and low hierarchies
- Regular feedback culture & retrospectives
we support you, to become a better version of yourself!
And last but not least - our Futurice specialities!
work in another office for a week
access to 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech stuff
as a new joiner you will get supported by an assigned colleague to guide you through your onboarding process and first weeks at Futurice!
We would love to hear from you! Please share a few lines about yourself and your up-to-date CV using the form below.
Come as you are
As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company's success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, or other non-merit factors - we care for each other!
Want to know more about this?
Irina Sirakova-Brumbarov, Talent Acquisition Manager, Munich/Stuttgart
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.
- Deutsche BundesbankApplikations-Entwickler*inLeipzigAnwendungsentwicklung
- REMEX GmbHIT-Administrator (m/w/d)DüsseldorfSystem Engineering / Admin
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbHDevOps Engineer (m/f/d)Böblingen +3System Engineering / Admin
- ASAPSoftwareentwickler | AUTOSAR Steuergeräte Automotive (m/w/d)Frankfurt am Main +6Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftware Developer (m/f/d)Ludwigshafen am RheinAnwendungsentwicklung