- Quality Assurance
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Informatics provides a wide range of products and services for laboratory information management. As one of the leading manufacturers, Abbott Informatics pursues the highest standards of reliability and user-friendliness.
Our Abbott Informatics Germany team in Witten is responsible for the successful marketing, development, implementation and support of the web-based STARLIMS Laboratory Information Management System, the STARLIMS Scientific Data Management System and the STARLIMS Electronic Laboratory Notebooks in the EMEA region. We collaborate with various international Abbott Informatics teams as well as with customers in the life science, food, chemical, environmental, medical and forensics industries.
We are recruiting for a Software Engineer STARLIMS (m/f/d) for our offices in Wiesbaden (close to Frankfurt).
After six months of intensive training within a team-oriented environment, your task will be the (further) development of the core functionality of STARLIMS and the creation of concepts for the optimal use of the web-based STARLIMS software systems, as well as the technical implementation of these concepts through the further development of STARLIMS.
- Cooperation with the technical project managers in the implementation of customer projects
- Implementation and customizations of business logic according to customer requirements
- Participation in specification workshops
- Technical documentation and testing of the developed applications
- Support for implemented solutions
- Technical consulting for customers
- University degree in computer science, natural sciences with programming talent or comparable education
- Very good solution competence for technical problems
- Excellent knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Python, C#, C++ )
- Good knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Laboratory experience is an advantage
- Oracle / SQL Server knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent English skills, German is an advantage
- Strong communication skills and continuous interest in learning and expanding one's own knowledge
As you’d expect from a global healthcare company, we offer a competitive range of benefits including competitive salaries, a superb defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance and a flexible benefits scheme.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce
Schwerbehinderte Bewerberinnen und Bewerber werden bei gleicher Eignung besonders berücksichtigt.
IT Services & Solutions Delivery### DIVISION:
STL STARLIMS### LOCATION:
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G01### ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:
Yes, 10 % of the Time### MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable### SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Not Applicable Full time