- BS degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- MS or PhD degree in computer science.
- Experience designing and implementing software systems in Java, C, C++ and/or Python, including experience designing security solutions for operating systems and distributed systems.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
- Experience in application security, cryptography, network security, systems security or malware analysis.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
In this role as a software engineer, you will focus on security/privacy components of our systems, such as client devices and applications, networking equipment and server infrastructure. You will be building large-scale systems to protect Google's users including hardening the properties of our core infrastructure or the open web platform, detecting intrusion attempts, preventing malware across various platforms. You are an expert in systems, application and network security, data protection, cryptography, automated malware analysis, or web application security and online privacy. The Google Security Engineering Center was launched at Google Munich in May 2019. Also check out Sundar’s blogpost.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and apply advanced security techniques.
- Develop advanced security and cryptographic systems.
- Build large-scale detection systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance security and privacy features in Chrome, Google’s open source web browser.