- Quality Assurance
Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you'll do
Due to the growing number of individuals using ad blockers, some companies have developed a way around ad blocking that shows ads even if an ad blocker is present. We do our best to stop these circumvention efforts in order to keep users in charge of their browsing experience. This is where you come in: help defend user choice by contributing to one of the biggest ad blockers in the world.
During your work day, you'll be expected to
- Reverse engineer techniques used to get around Adblock Plus
- Keep up-to-date with current ad blocking and circumvention techniques
- Align with internal stakeholders to combine anti-circumvention efforts
A little bit about you
- Willingness to work in a geographically distributed agile team
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Prior experience and contribution to open source projects
- Knowledge and experience analyzing network traffic
- Experience in auditing web pages (e.g. security audits, pen-testing or website accessibility audits)