Your role: You are a software deployment engineer (all genders), eager to work on solutions that help scientists in laboratories around the world transition to a more digital way of working. As a software deployment engineer, you will join a selected team of highly skilled developers and engineers creating cutting-edge digital products in the laboratory informatics space. The products you will be working on make scientific data more readily accessible for ease of integration, collaboration, analysis and long-term archiving. Your position includes configuring and operating the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for solutions based on a scalable microservices architecture. You will also be responsible for maintaining monitoring and reporting systems both for the CI/CD pipeline and product Dev/QA/Prod deployments. You'll be working as part of a highly engaged team in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment using latest technologies with the opportunity to learn something new every day.
This role is within our new subsidiary BSSN Software GmbH and based in Darmstadt/ Germany. BSSN creates software for vendor-neutral analytical and biological data management. This software is sold to end users but also licensed to instrument and software vendors. We are working with the world's leading LIMS and ELN companies, as well as top-tier instrument vendors.
Who you are:
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable and experience with the architecture, deployment and maintenance of distributed systems
- Extensive experience with configuring and maintaining environments based on Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher, including monitoring and reporting infrastructure, e.g. using Prometheus, Grafana or Zabbix
- Experience with DevOps practices and configuring and operating tools for Continuous Integration/Deployment, e.g. GitLab CI/CD or Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows administration, including federation and with cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Open Telekom Cloud
- (Optional) Experience with authentication/authorization, e.g. AD, SAML, OAuth2, OpenID Connect
- Fluent English is required, German language skills are a plus
- A team player, always eager to learn new skills and technologies
Job Requisition ID: 197920
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.