- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Quality Assurance
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
About the team
Reports to: Engineering Lead Payments
Team Size: <5
As a Backend Software Engineer at Zalando Payments in Dortmund, you will be working on the core of our offering: The Payment API that we are providing to our customers and which is used by multiple customer facing applications, including the checkout page that you have already used if you have ever purchased anything from Zalando. Controlled by this API, our systems orchestrate the complex payment process supporting over twenty different payment methods, from prepayment and invoice to credit card and direct debit, as well as many European payment methods you may not have heard about yet - unless you already bring a payment background.
Where your expertise is needed
- Designing, developing, deploying, operating & improving important software solutions that possibly impact millions of customers is what you want to do.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- Working like a startup & taking ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation & maintenance.
- You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services.
What we're looking for
- Strong knowledge of JVM based technology stacks, such as Java, Kotlin and Spring Boot (Scala knowledge would be very beneficial) as well as a good understanding of RDBMS and NoSQL databases, experience in designing distributed systems, microservices & cloud architectures/platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial & analytical thinking add to your excellent communication skills (fluent in written & spoken English is a must)
- Grade in computer science
- If you have prior experiences in fin-tech, this is certainly a plus, but not a requirement.
Perks at work
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals and parent & child room
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Our team in Dortmund started as a specialist unit handling everything that relates to Payment. Here we develop our monitoring systems, collaborating with payment service providers to find innovative ways to create the most user-friendly checkout experience possible. We continuously add new areas of competency, with teams now focused on the tech challenges connected to mission-critical topics including consumer incentives, inventory management, transportation, fulfillment and stock valuation.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
- Location: Dortmund
- Contract: Full-Time
- Job Category: Technology & UX/UI Design
- Experience Level: Graduate / Entry Level, Professional Level
- Reports to: Engineering Lead Payments
- Team Size: 5-10
- Recruiter: Jennifer Stennei
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.