- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Machine Learning
LOCATION: Ludwigshafen, DE, 67059
COMPANY: BASF SE
JOB FIELD: IT / Information Management
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN58016567_DIGI4_2
The European Site & Verbund Management is continuously developing BASF's large European sites, thereby ensuring their competitiveness: We manage the perfect integration of infrastructure, operating services and logistics with production at each site. This ensures the basic supply of the business units, which can subsequently perform successfully on the market. In addition, we advise the companies in all respects relating to environmental protection, occupational and plant safety and regulatory approval.
From Ludwigshafen, our interdisciplinary team drives the digital transformation across Europe at three sites (Ludwigshafen, Schwarzheide and Antwerp). To achieve this, we use a broad spectrum of advanced methods drawn from the fields of agile software development, cloud computing, IoT, data science and machine learning, relying in the process on flat hierarchies.
- In your role as a motivated software developer, you support digitalization projects from the identification of ideas through initial prototyping up to deployment and support the developed solutions in ongoing operations.
- In addition, you conceptualize and implement a wide range of different IT solutions, such as intelligent assistance systems, web applications or microservices that play a key role in the digital transformation.
- You work within an interdisciplinary, cross-unit network of experts and cooperate closely with our customers in the fields of production, infrastructure and logistics.
- Moreover, you contribute your creativity in order to advance the digitalization of BASF through new technologies.
- You have a masters or equivalent degree in computer science, natural sciences, applied mathematics, engineering or a comparable discipline, in which you earned above-average marks.
- In addition, you have proficiency in the development of web applications, REST APIs and microservices. Experience with high-performance computing and cloud computing (AWS, Azure) are favourable.
- Experience with agile methods (scrum, kanban) and DevOps elements (e.g. unit tests, version control, CI/CD, container virtualization) is a plus.
- Last but not least, you are in step with the latest digital trends, enjoy having an impact and want to achieve tangible results that are used directly by customers and partners.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the job? Ms. Julia Bräse (Talent Acquisition) +49 (0) 30 2005 58575
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.