- Datenbankentwicklung / BI
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Apache Spark
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Machine Learning
- Quality Assurance
As the Data Management area at idealo, we are building a cutting-edge, cloud-based data platform suitable for self-service analytics as well as for machine learning, data products, and our enterprise reporting. We believe that a data-driven approach is a key success factor for our business. Therefore we aim to enable our technical and non-technical internal customers to base their everyday business decisions on hypotheses that are proved by data.
We are looking for a Data Engineer highly passionate about data modeling and self-service analytics. You will be part of a product team responsible for our data warehouse - developing, running, maintaining the full product end-to-end. By that, you enable our executive board and other stakeholders in analyzing our business performance and validating business strategies.
About your new role
- Be an active part in migrating our data warehouse from on-premise to AWS
- Build an innovative data warehouse on top of an AWS based data lake
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the full stack
- Support the definition and creation of Enterprise KPIs
- Actively drive data awareness at idealo
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience working as a data engineer or similar.
- You have a deep understanding of distributed computing frameworks such as Spark, distributed persistent storage and solutions in the Hadoop ecosystem
- You have experience with big data architecture on AWS
- You have experience with CI/CD, containers, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code
- You have experience with data pipeline management tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi).
- You have a passion for processing big data and integrating them into dimensional models
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code
- You are able to translate complex modeling into data stories and communicate your work to non-experts
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.