- Business Development
The Cloud architect provides pre-sales technical support to the Sales & Vendor Teams around the Arrow Cloud business and ArrowSphere to partners in both a Technical & Commercial manner. This role will focus specifically on the hyperscaler, DevOps, Security and datacentre portfolio. The Cloud architect is responsible for engaging with the relevant vendor teams, owning technical enablement and building joint propositions with the Business Development Managers (BDM) team. The candidate will also have extensive knowledge and experience in cloud migration & architecture projects.
- Go-to technical specialist for sales team and downstream partners on the Microsoft, Alibaba & AWS cloud platforms. A thought leader with regard to choice of platform, migration & benefits for an MSP.
- Participation in RFPs (request for proposal) for key customers.
- Onboarding and enablement of new MSPs & downstream partners onto the ArrowSphere billing & provisioning platform.
- Presenting to Arrow customers the products/services portfolio and Arrow benefits of ArrowSphere.
- Design, management & delivery of cloud demonstrations & labs.
Duties will include but are not restricted to:
- Proactively work with the ArrowSphere Cloud Leader & the MSP team in Arrow to drive MSP engagement around xSP Central programmes.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the Sales & Vendor Team covering Microsoft, Alibaba, Google Cloud, AWS and eco system partner products & services.
- Train, educate & incentivise MSPs alongside the BDM team.
- Work to formulate account strategies, alongside the ArrowSphere Cloud Leader & Cloud BDMs.
- Make pre-sales calls on prospective MSPs, participate in local and regional seminars, and act as a technical account manager for existing customers.
- Be the technical focal point for engagements around demonstrations, potential cloud solutions & programme expertise supported by the relevant vendor team for expertise.
- Remain knowledgeable & fully certified with a strong understanding of current industry technology (specifically Cloud), trends, and the competition.
- Spend at least 2 days each week presenting in front of MSPs in small (round table) discussions as well as developing capability to deliver to larger (seminar) audiences.
Work in tandem with the Cloud Sales Team in fulfilling sales goals and responding to RFI/RFPs.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Migration to the Cloud project experience.
- Knowledge of Agile & Development Management tools.
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle.
- Experience with Application Migration and Upgrades.
- Multi language experience.
- Understand Sizing and Management Tools.
- Networking and Security knowledge.
- Microsoft, Redhat, AWS and developer certifications would be an asset.
ArrowSphere is a single point of entry to cloud solutions. A single platform to search leading cloud products, build IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions.
To learn more check out this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-JSGkrAt0