Join us to make Vattenfall’s vision true to become fossil-free within one Generation!
For our IT Project Portfolio Management Team, part of Vattenfall IT, we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior IT Project Manager in Berlin or Hamburg.
Do you want a motivating job working with Digitalisation, Transformation, Security and Innovation projects? Are you motivated by a meaningful role contributing to Vattenfall’s strategic goal of being fossil-free within one generation? Then, join Vattenfall IT as our new team of international IT Project Managers YIFPL is eager to grow!
Our IT Project Managers lead projects of various natures and sizes through the whole of the Vattenfall Group, from supporting new apps for R&D to improving the CRM systems, from business specific applications to data center transformations. With the support of the Project Management Office team, our IT Project Managers lead multidisciplinary and international teams and contribute directly to Vattenfall strategy. As a person, you are action-driven and result-oriented, open to new challenges and diversity of people and projects.
Your key activities will be:
- Manage IT projects/programs from business case through development to production GoLive.
- Grasp a project value, timeframe and deliverables from the point of view of the business unit who is the customer.
- Be the interface between the business unit and the rest of Vattenfall IT, coordinating interactions between different stakeholders (Business Units, Solution Architects, other IT departments, external providers, etc).
- Plan, execute, follow-up, and deliver projects according to or above customer expectations.
- Support and master the Vattenfall IT tools and ways of working and ensure adherence to Vattenfall standards and instructions.
- Manage international teams of project resources, actively bridging cultural differences.
- Moderate travelling will be required.
Your profile as senior IT Project Manager:
- A relevant bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At the very least 3 years of work experience, preferably working with IT.
- A genuine interest in the energy business and its current developments.
- A relevant certification (IPMA, Prince2, PMP etc.) and experience with Project Management Methodologies (PROPS etc.), be it waterfall or agile.
- The ability to work independently and navigate a large organization with multiple interests and stakeholders.
- A driven and organized team-player with outstanding communication skills and a problem solving mindset.
- Adherence to Vattenfall leadership skills (Clear, Visible, Courageous) is a must.
- A positive and open personality with a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of SAP and its modules is a plus.
- Fluency in both German and English (writing/speaking) is required.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Words from the team:
Magdalena: “You feel welcomed from the very beginning. Have plenty of opportunities to travel and learn from different PM backgrounds. Simply- energetic place!”
Robert :“State-of-the-art project management procedures and dedicated portfolio-/assurance staff make me feel highly confident that I can tackle any project challenge coming my way!”
Ivar: “I really enjoy being an integral part of the change that this industry and this company go through moving to a more sustainable energy landscape.”
Raul: “I get very excited about the “experiments” and proof of concepts to support electro-mobility, installations such as that in Åre and a decided inroads with digitalisation.”
Words from the manager:
“ Our team is very diverse in terms of competences, experiences and personalities, but we all share a can-do attitude and the commitment to a job well done. Above any professional talent, we are looking for people with this genuine drive to deliver that makes a good Project Manager.”
Process and time line:
Please apply with your CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the January, 15th 2020.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Hiring Manager Heinz-Jörg Supe, email@example.com. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Bettina Keil (+49 40 79022 2289)
We look forward to receiving your application!