- Apple iOS
- Backend Entwicklung
- React (JS)
We are looking to hire an Android Developer (f/m/d) to join our app development team at freenet.de. freenet.de is one of the leading E-Mail and Cloud providers in Germany and part of the freenet GROUP. The freenet GROUP provides products, services and hardware for mobile communications, TV and many more areas of a digital lifestyle for over 13m customers.
In our small team of seven people we develop several apps (Android & iOS) for the GROUP like freenet Mail, freenet Cloud, klarmobil.de (a customer service app) and Pocket Liga (a soccer news app). Our Team launches several new app projects every year and consults on app projects developed by external contractors. Furthermore, we work on new innovative projects for platforms like Alexa, Fire TV, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, React Native and Windows. We also develop our own push service backend which delivers around 11m push notifications every day.
You can find more about us on our development blog.
Android Developer (f/m/d) – in Hamburg or Remote
What you will do:
- Work as a part of our scrum team on developing new features and maintaining our apps
- Develop modern apps used by over 750 000 users
- Create a maintainable architecture and write clean code with meaningful tests
- Perform code reviews on every new piece of code written, help your team on challenging tasks and create awesome and innovative products for our customers
- Collaborate with other teams like our product management or backend team using Microsoft Teams, Jira, Confluence and GitHub
- Use and improve our engineering processes with tools like Jenkins, Gradle and fastlane
What we are looking for:
- Background in software development, preferably in Android development
- Knowledge of or interest in learning our tech stack: Android SDK, Java/Kotlin, MVVM, RxJava, REST/GraphQL, Retrofit, Dagger, GSON, OkHttp
- Interest in working on several app projects in intervals
- A preference for doing things the right way the first time over shortsighted quick fixes
- Strong communication skills and a passion for developing great apps
- An interest in learning about new technologies and pushing the whole team forward
- Good English skills, both written and spoken. German speaking skills are nice to have
- You do not meet everything outlined above? No problem! If you think you would be a good fit for us, apply for the job nonetheless!
What we offer:
- Working with our team on location in Hamburg, Germany with remote office days or full remote within the time zones UTC – UTC+2
- We encourage learning for personal and professional growth
- 6 weeks (30 days) of paid vacation time
- Flexible working hours
- Long-term employment without time limitation
- Several other on location benefits here
You are welcome to submit your application online in English or German. For questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Team. We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV, a cover letter stating why you want to work for freenet.de and relevant references with the following information: Job title, salary expectations and earliest start date to: freenet.de GmbH • Jana Annies • Deelbögenkamp 4c • 22297 Hamburg www.freenet-group.de/karriere