- System Engineering / Admin
- Backend Entwicklung
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Delivery)
- Docker (Container)
- Frontend Entwicklung
Who we are
We are part of the team behind Kaufland.de: Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! That's why we offer you a modern workplace in our office in Cologne, while at the same time giving you the opportunity to work on a mobile basis in consultation with your manager. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 190 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland.de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be working on core production applications and platforms. Your mission will be to ensure the product is always fast, available, scalable and well-engineered to withstand unparalleled demand
- You are an integral part of our product development teams and are involved in the entire product lifecycle of their applications
- You have accountability for the reliability of our production assets - from designing resilient applications, to predicting and managing risks, to monitoring and operating the applications in production
- You work together closely with our platform and infrastructure teams to ensure the balance between feature delivery speed and application availability
- You have a broad scope on a large variety of topics. Whether it’s about developer experience, internal platforms, deployments, monitoring or tooling topics, your involvement in both operational and strategic topics is invaluable
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have experience in both software development and operations. Your background is Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect or similar
- You bring sound experience with concepts such as Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD and Cloud Platforms
- You are familiar with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes/Helm, Terraform and ideally have some experience in PHP, Python and/or Go
- You possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and system architecture, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems
- You are excited about working with modern technologies and motivated colleagues on topics that improve our internal development lifecycle
- You are a strong team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and profiles as well as share knowledge and strive for continuous development and learning
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
What we offer
- Modern workplaces in our office and at the same time the possibility to work mobile in agreement with your manager
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
Your contact person: Lea Sycha
real,- Digital Payment & Technology Services GmbH
*Our company will be renamed in the future for company law reasons.