- UX / UI
- Backend Entwicklung
- Frontend Entwicklung
- User Experience Design (UX)
- User Interface Design (UI)
- User Research
Who we are
We are part of the team behind Kaufland.de: Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 190 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland.de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- You influence our product and shape product strategy based on research and data
- You identify customer needs and problems which are worth solving
- Break down large problems into simple solutions and drive them from concept through completion
- You are a full partner with the PO on product discovery, measure your impact on the success of your product
- You create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with Product Managers and Engineers
- You advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- You raise the bar on design quality across the organization
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have experience in designing digital products, including the information architecture, interaction design and visual design
- You understand that good user experience (UX) is bigger than user interface (UI), it’s the total value of a product provided to the customer
- You can think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- You speak the language of design and business (as well as fluent English)
- You are aware about our company challenges and KPIs and you identify impactful initiatives
- You know which customer jobs need to be done
- You have no ego and hero design problems
- You are able to bring ideas to life by setting up prototypes and quickly iterating on these early and often by using qualitative and quantitative user research methods
What we offer
- Work as you feel comfortable! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location. Create your own work-life!
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
Your contact person: Hanna Frost
real,- Digital Payment & Technology Services GmbH*
*Our company will be renamed in the future for company law reasons.