- Quality Assurance
- Risk / Compliance Management
- Quality Assurance
- Software Testing
- Test Automation
Searching for a role where you drive some of the future’s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere…. And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking an engineer for software quality assurance (QA Engineer). We develop Software to work with massive 3D point clouds (based on high precision laser scanning and photogrammetry). Our software is used in multiple industries for processing, visualization and interpretation of this data. We provide our reverse engineering solutions standalone and as plugins for major CAD systems. For the core of our software, we research, develop, and maintain exciting pattern recognition algorithms, to identify, for example, architectural objects like walls, windows, and piping systems consisting of pipes, ﬂanges and valves.
This position within our R&D Departmentis located inDresden, in Germany.
- Leading edge technology
- Open and innovative team culture
- Expert networks to drive the technology of tomorrow
- Bachelor’sdegree in a technical field
- Experience in software testing as well as quality assurance processes within an agile environment
- Experience scripting languages, e.g.PowerShell, Python, or similar, is a plus
- Capable of using JIRA, TestRail, Zephyr,x-ray, or similar tools
- Experience in designing functional tests and maintaining traceability matrices
- Experience in test automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium,Test Complete,Karma&Jasmine, or similar, is a plus
- Interest in modern technologies and best practices
- Strong communication skills as well as fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to work and organize tasks independently
- Strong problem-solving competence and systematic approach
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Write, maintain, and execute manual test procedures and automated testing scripts for our software associated with the company’s product lines
- Document test progress and incident tracking
- Track issues found throughout software development lifecycle
- Participate and actively contribute in daily agile meetings of developers and stakeholders
- Cooperation with customer service to identify weaknesses in released products and derive actions for improvements
- Review software documentation and user stories fortest-abilityand to ensure consistency with software features and performance.
What FAROcanoffer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- Flexible working time
- Training opportunities
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events and benefits (e.g. bicycle program,health and safety fairs, sponsored sports events and charityruns(not for Portugal),free beverages,and fresh fruits)
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
If you have a passion for high-end technical products, we want to talk to YOU! Join the most trusted team in 3D measurementtechnology.
Are you bored by today? See you tomorrow.