- System Engineering / Admin
- Frankfurt am Main
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Docker (Container)
- Google Cloud Platform
- RESTful Web Services
About the job
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will guide customers on configuring and deploying their Google Cloud infrastructure. You will consult with customers on designing their cloud applications for optimal scaling including CDN design, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration, and delivery pipeline. You'll travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features. In this role, you are the Engineer working with Google's most strategic cloud customers. Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and much more.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a technical advisor to customers and solve complex Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Provide highly technical implementation support in customer environment, including guidance on implementation feasibility of cross-product integrations.
- Travel regularly (up to 30%, although we also frequently use video conferencing) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a Technical Consultant or client-facing role.
- Experience maintaining Internet-facing production-grade applications and programming in languages (e.g., C#, C++, C, Java, Go, Python).
- Experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (i.e. REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows, with familiarity of standard IT security practices (such as encryption, certificates, key management).
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).