As a Gameplay Programmer you will be working with our bespoke, cutting edge, multi-threaded engine to create gameplay mechanics and systems, which immerse players within the vast, yet highly detailed spacescapes of some of the most ambitious games ever developed.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs, we develop an extensive range of highly realistic and systemic features to simulate gameplay ranging from multi-crew space flight combat to planetary first-person shooter, asteroid mining to cargo running, and bounty hunting to cinematic storytelling.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Gameplay Programmers do?
The day to day responsibilities of our Gameplay Programmers vary, but in short, you will be:
- Designing and implementing well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust code.
- Collaborating with other team members and disciplines to develop various gameplay systems.
- Peer-reviewing technical designs and documentation with the help of the wider team.
- Identifying technical and developmental risks and obstacles while creating innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Driving engineering principles and practices for their teams, pushing boundaries and promoting new and innovative ways of working.
- Supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing.
What would we expect from our Gameplay Programmers?
A true passion for making games is a must, and we would also like it if you:
- Are comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Have a good knowledge of 3D mathematics.
- Have experience with programming game features and systems.
- Work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment.
- Can explain and present technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
- We are always keen to hear from passionate gameplay programmers, so join the ‘verse and become our latest Star Citizen!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.
- imbusJumpStart-Programm für Softwareentwickler (m/w/d)Hofheim am Taunus +5Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung