Job ID: JR0183862
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Munich, DE
Job Type: Experienced Hire
oneAPI extends existing developer programming models to enable a diverse set of hardware through language, a set of library APIs, and a low level hardware interface to support cross-architecture programming. This is a unique position for a software developer to help to shape the future of oneAPI software stack and Intel XPU (e.g. CPU, GPU) platforms.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to ensure end-to-end debuggability across oneAPI components and help drive debuggability requirements and dependencies. Our debugging solution is based on the open source GNU debugger (GDB) and developed in C++ to enable the best debugging experience transparently across all Intel XPUs.
Your responsibilities as a software developer will involve but not limited to
- Driving functional debuggability requirements of the Intel OneAPI software stack for CPUs and GPUs
- Porting existing applications and/or developing new applications to evaluate and improve debug flows
- Coordinating and leading oneAPI debuggability requirements and components towards a better developer experience on oneAPI
- Performing regular in-depth technical analysis of our competitive solutions
- Interfacing OpenMP debug specification (i.e. OPMD) and requirements with industry
You will become part of a company which continues to change the world through its brilliant people. To reward the amazing contributions of our people we offer a market competitive compensation & benefits package including plenty of family and flexible work benefits (i.a. the opportunity for Hybrid-work), programs that focus on your health and wellbeing, many development opportunities and enough time to relax, re-charge and retreat.
Apply to learn more!
A successful candidate should have
- MS degree (or equivalent) in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience in software development for HPC applications
- Experience in programming in C/C++ and FORTRAN, modern scripting languages (e.g., Python)
- In-depth experience with parallel programming models, such as OpenMP
- Experience with heterogeneous GPU computing using OpenMP Offload, SYCL, OpenCL and/or CUDA
- Experience with Intel Architecture/assembly language
- Working knowledge of a Linux/UNIX family and Windows operating system development environments
- Experience in software development life cycle and corresponding tools (e.g. Git, Jira, Jenkins...)
The strongest candidates have
- The successful candidate has a good track record in leading workgroups and projects (as an individual contributor)
- Experience with DWARF standard and debugging data format
- In-depth knowledge of GNU debugger, compilers and compiler toolchains
- Experience in planning and execution of software projects, as well as in software testing, benchmarking, analyzing, and optimizing is a strong plus.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Backend Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +8Anwendungsentwicklung
- BASFSoftwareentwickler_in mit Schwerpunkt Webentwicklung (m/w/d)LemfördeAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Capgemini DeutschlandSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +15Anwendungsentwicklung
- Arvato Supply Chain Solutions(Junior) Softwareentwickler (w/m/x)Hamburg +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- imbusJumpStart-Programm für Softwareentwickler (m/w/d)Hofheim am Taunus +5Anwendungsentwicklung +1