(Senior) Software Engineer (m/f/d) Android Infotainment
For future mobility concepts and in-car user experience, software is set to play an even more decisive role. Elektrobit (EB) is a visionary global supplier of embedded and connected software products and services for the automotive industry with more than 3400 employees worldwide. For over 30 years now, we have been developing pioneering technologies for automated driving, new vehicle infrastructures, connected cars, and user experience. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental AG.
At EB we are working toward a world in which mobility causes zero fatalities, produces low emissions, and transforms your commute into quality time. In our collaboration with our customers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and many more, we live and breathe our passion for automotive software and for the mobility of tomorrow.
Join our software team and help shape the future of the automobile.
- You develop infotainment functions and customize user interface and branding of Android Automotive OS products.
- You work in our multi-disciplinary international team in an agile environment.
- You research, evaluate and integrate new technologies, software libraries and frameworks.
- You derive software architecture and break down work packages from high level requirements.
- You extend the Android Open Source Project with implementations across all layers according to our customer’s needs.
- You achieve high quality by applying constructive and analytic methods supported by continuous integration and testing using state of the art technologies and tools.
- You build upon latest deliveries from Google, market leading SoC suppliers and solutions from our partners.
- You break new ground to implement the wishes of our customers, leading automotive manufacturers from all over the world.
- You hold a university degree in Computer Sciences, Automotive Engineering or similar.
- You are able to operate independently and flexible to implement Android applications and services.
- You convince us with your background in design and development for Kotlin, Java and C++ including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation and quality assurance.
- You have a proper knowledge of common Linux distributions, their structure, command line tools and scripting languages.
- Your knowledge of System UI, user management, speech assistant integration or audio and video streaming is a plus.
- Ideally you have experience with Android framework development for embedded systems.
- Your profile is completed by fluent communication skills in English and German, written and verbally.
What we offer
- Working on exciting and future-oriented projects in international collaboration within a multicultural and diverse team.
- A healthy work/life balance through access to mobile work and tailored work time models.
- An informal working environment throughout the company with no dress code.
- Location-specific benefits such as a canteen, discounts in restaurants, company sports, corporate events, e-bike leasing, preventive medical measures, vacation activities for children, and much more.
- Company pension scheme, capital-forming benefits.
- Opportunities for personal development through a range of training courses provided by our academy.
Apply quickly and easily via our job portal, where you can also import your resume data automatically. Further information on development opportunities, corporate culture, and benefits can be found at https://elektrobit.com/careers
We will be happy to answer your questions; call us on +49 9131-7701-7060.
- Ms. Anja Müller-Arras
- +49 9131 7701 6019
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbHNikolaus DonathTechnology Team Manager in Austria"What I like the most about EB is the good team spirit and the collaboration with colleagues also from other EB sites."Mehr
- Elektrobit Automotive GmbHIoana BoriceanSoftware Engineer in Romania"I like to work at EB because for me the working environment comes first."Mehr
- Deutsche BundesbankApplikations-Entwickler*inLeipzigAnwendungsentwicklung
- MT AGJunior Entwickler Oracle APEX (m/w/d)Frankfurt am Main +4Anwendungsentwicklung
- FUSEFrontend Developer (m/w/d)HamburgAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- adesso insurance solutions GmbH(Senior) Softwareentwickler Datenmigration (w/m/d)Aachen +10Anwendungsentwicklung +1