Graduate Cloud Engineering Program (m/f/d)
Job ID: 95301
Job Family: Software Development
This trainee role is part of an 18 month trainee program where individuals will gain insights in all areas of cloud engineering at Amadeus. As an active member of the development team individuals will support the migration to the cloud and define cloud based applications for the travel industry. During this process mentors will support and accompany the individuals on their journey through the cloud and they will receive trainings throughout the program to advance their knowledge on the latest technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ansible etc. The goal of the program is that the individuals discover their specialised passion for cloud engineering, to then go on to work as one of the most highly qualified Software Engineers, Cloud Engineers or Site Reliability Engineers to shape the future of travel.
Summary of position:
- Participate in exciting projects regarding cloud, cloud migration, platform design, stability and security of systems (on-prem in the Amadeus data center and in the cloud)
- Design new cloud-based applications for the travel industry
- Access internal and external trainings, certifications and conferences, especially in the cloud area
- Guidance from a mentor and high visibility to top management of the company
- Work with top-notch technology solutions, such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis, Splunk and many more
- Participate in international teams and DevSecOps Model and many more
Amadeus skills and competencies required:
- A Bachelor's degree focusing on computer science, computer engineering, business informatics or similar
- Interest in cloud technology, potentially already backed up with initial work experience
- Positive spirit, a can-do attitude and a passion for collaboration
- Very good coding skills for example in python, java or C++
- Understanding of agile working methods
- A drive to learn and bring in new ideas, test and implement them
- Very good English skills
What we offer:
- High learning curve also in cooperation with our strategic cloud partner
- Support and guidance through our mentoring and buddy program
- Permanent contract with flexible working hours, home office arrangement and trust-based working hours
- Wide range of specialization opportunities and perspectives after the trainee program
- Additional benefits, such as fitness training, travel allowances, canteen, insurance, job bike, etc.
Please note that we can be flexible on the start date of your trainee program, including dates starting in April 2022!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- CCVOSSEL(Home Office) IT-Administrator Applikationsbetrieb (m/w/d)bundesweitSystem Engineering / Admin
- Forschungszentrum JülichMitarbeiter (w/m/d) WebadministrationJülichSystem Engineering / Admin
- CCVOSSELIT-Administrator Rechenzentrumsbetrieb (m/w/d)bundesweitSystem Engineering / Admin
- AccentureConsultant Cloud Infrastructure (all genders)Berlin +7Consulting +1
- Kommunaler Versorgungsverband Baden-WürttembergIT-Systemadministrator (m/w/d) AutomationKarlsruheSystem Engineering / Admin