Console Programmer (m/f/d)
As a Console Programmer you have a great passion for new-generation consoles and engine technologies in general. You will have already worked on professional projects in the gaming industry and ideally released at least one title. One of the responsibilities of this role is porting and developing console gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will support technical artists and level designers with their porting efforts. Evaluating and integrating new tools and maintaining the deployment pipeline by applying updates will also be one of your responsibilities.
Your tasks will include:
- Implementing functionalities with a focus on consoles (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S/X and potentially Nintendo Switch), using Unreal Engine 5
- Supporting the builds creation and submission processes
- Improving game performance on the engine side
- Work with Technical Leads to meet project schedules by breaking the process into manageable tasks
- Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
- Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
- Evaluating new technologies and plugins
- Two to three years of experience in game development, preferably console games
- Experience in developing for consoles and the submission processes (Sony, Microsoft and/or Nintendo)
- Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
- A background in working with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in development environments, standards and technologies such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
- Familiarity with code and data optimization to improve performance and memory usage
- High affinity for games, the internet and emerging technologies
- Fluent in English
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is a plus
Make an impact
You have responsibility and ownership of key aspects that impact the development of games at one of the biggest studios in Germany. We develop high-quality software with professionalism and commitment. We are not perfect but we are constantly improving!
Learn from the best as well as become the best! We support individual and professional growth and ambitions by offering online courses, GDC vault access and events for knowledge transfer and mentorships.
Work in close departmental collaborations with an open feedback culture. Take part in our weekly social events (games, sports, food, barbeques and even more games) and enjoy free drinks, snacks and our fancy coffee machine while friendships are formed with colleagues.
We want our colleagues to stay at Limbic, to that end we offer social benefits as well as a competitive salary. You will have a secure job, as we have 20 years of experience, always 2+ projects and organic team structures. Located near Frankfurt, the area has a lot to offer in terms of leisure.
We are processing applications during the current Coronavirus pandemic and are adjusting interview and hiring processes to the latest public health situation and recommendations. The interview and job entry can be fully remote until the situation allows to work on-site again.
We make games because we love games.
Working in the games industry is our passion, because we want to create impressive and fascinating games.
Limbic Entertainment aims to provide a fair and collaborative working atmosphere. Our flat hierarchies make it easy for everyone to contribute their own ideas and to achieve their professional ambitions. We acknowledge proficiency and offer chances.
We want our employees to broaden their horizons. Playing other games in order to analyse how they work, discussing game design, watching colleagues building levels, talking to coders about the complexity of a fight system – all of this is not only possible, but actively encouraged.
Good planning is important to us and we work hand in hand in order to meet our deadlines. While we love our jobs, we also love to play. There are organized network gaming events at our office from time to time, as well as Magic the Gathering and tabletop sessions. Some of us also like to cook our lunch together, our company breakfasts and lunch break barbecues are legendary.
We are looking for people who love games just like we do. We want people for our team who like challenges and enjoy being creative. We want our team members to share our philosophy and identify with our company. If you think making games is more than "just a job", then you might be just the right person to join us!
- Fritz Stephan GmbHSoftwareentwickler (m/w/d) C/C++HorhausenAnwendungsentwicklung
- CapgeminiSenior Softwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +13Anwendungsentwicklung
- CapgeminiSoftwareentwickler (w/m/d)Berlin +13Anwendungsentwicklung
- CapgeminiMuleSoft Developer (w/m/d)Berlin +10Anwendungsentwicklung
- PwC DeutschlandFull-Stack Developer .NET/Vuejs (w/m/d)DüsseldorfAnwendungsentwicklung