Console Programmer (m/f/d)
Hey, gamers! Are you ready for your next adventure in the industry? Look no further!
Limbic Entertainment is seeking talented players like you to join our team! As a member of our crew, you'll have the chance to join our team and help us create the next generation of games - from crafting immersive worlds to developing unforgettable characters that will keep players hooked. Whether you're a coding wizard, a visionary artist, or a sharp-witted marketer, we've got a spot for you on our crew. So, are you ready to level up your career and join the fun? Let's start the game of your dream job together!
What will a day in your life in this role look like? We are glad you asked!
As a Console Programmer you have a great passion for new-generation consoles and engine technologies in general. You will have already worked on professional projects in the gaming industry and ideally released at least one title. One of the responsibilities of this role is porting and developing console gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will support technical artists and level designers with their porting efforts. Evaluating and integrating new tools and maintaining the deployment pipeline by applying updates will also be one of your responsibilities.
- Implementing functionalities with a focus on consoles (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S/X and potentially Nintendo Switch), using Unreal Engine 5
- Supporting the builds creation and submission processes
- Improving game performance on the engine side
- Work with Technical Leads to meet project schedules by breaking the process into manageable tasks
- Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
- Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
- Evaluating new technologies and plugins
We would love it if you
- Two to three years of experience in game development, preferably console games
- Experience in developing for consoles and the submission processes (Sony, Microsoft and/or Nintendo)
- Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
- A background in working with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in development environments, standards and technologies such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
- Familiarity with code and data optimization to improve performance and memory usage
- High affinity for games, the internet and emerging technologies
- Fluent in English
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is a plus
We don't just work hard, we also know hot to have fun!
- There's Whatever Wednesdays! Hump day is no match for us because we know how to have a good time. From playing games to enjoying some tasty snacks, we always find a way to have fun together. It's the perfect mid-week pick-me-up!
- Feeling the need to get fit and healthy? Join us for Fitness Thursdays! We bring in a professional fitness trainer to help us get our blood pumping and our bodies moving. Who said exercise couldn't be fun?
- We’ve got Flexible Fridays. If you've completed your 40-hour week, you can choose to work for lesser hours or even take the day off! You read that right!! We trust our team to manage their time effectively and know when they need to take a break.
- Option to ride to work with a monthly (RMV) transportation ticket.
- As part of our commitment to fostering growth and ambition, we support individual and professional growth and ambitions by offering online courses, GDC vault access and events for knowledge transfer and mentorships.
We're Limbic Entertainment, a German video game developer and software seller since 2002. We make games because we love games! With over 80 product versions under our belt, we have a particular focus on strategy - online and survival/FPS games for PC and consoles. Have you heard of Tropico, Memories of Mars, and Might & Magic X Legacy? If not, you're in for a treat! These games are our babies, and they're fantastic. From the tropical paradise of Tropico to the harsh Martian landscape of Memories of Mars, and the epic world of Might & Magic X Legacy, we've got you covered with top-notch gaming experiences!
What sets us apart from the rest is our culture. No corporate gibberish or old-fashioned hierarchy here! We do things differently, which means keeping everything simple. You'll be your own boss but with plenty of support from your colleagues and supervisors. So, buckle up and get ready to dive into some seriously awesome gameplay!
- Continentale Versicherungsverbund a. G.Werkstudent (m/w/d) Java SoftwareentwicklungDortmundAnwendungsentwicklung
- Bundesanstalt für ImmobilienaufgabenIT-Produktbetreuer*in und Entwickler*in (w/m/d)Potsdam +1Quality Assurance +2
- MaternaIT Absolvent / Trainee Softwareentwicklung / Java (m/w/d)Stuttgart +12Anwendungsentwicklung
- Rudolph Logistik GruppeWebentwickler (m/w/d)GudensbergWebentwicklung +1
- Bosch GruppeEntwickler Messverfahren / Messsysteme für die industrielle Bildverarbeitung im Maschinenbau (m/w/d)StuttgartAnwendungsentwicklung