Supply Chain Engineer (*) (m/w/d)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Schenker Dedicated Services (SDS) Germany GmbH is a totally independent, non-asset-based company, focused on finding the most cost efficient and practical solution for every transport and logistics requirement for customers in all industries. Together with its sister organization based in Gothenburg, Sweden, SDS Group represents the 4PL activities of DB Schenker in Europe.
- Being part of a global 4PL/LLP organization with a dedicated customer approach
- Managing duties with operational, tactical and strategical focus
- Lead and support the design and implementation of customer specific transport & logistics solutions
- Ensure continuous process and efficiency improvement / re-engineering
- Drive operational excellence projects
- Perform gap assessments and create action plans to implement and fulfill the customer and SDS standards and requirements
- Drive business development activities
- Support in conducting the group wide logistics developer forum
- Lead projects for onboarding of new customers including the set-up and management of project resources
- Co-ordinate project specific cross-department and cross-location collaboration to ensure seamless execution from an operational and strategic perspective
- Support the Head of Supply Chain Engineering
The Supply Chain Engineer needs to have the capability to manage and lead solution design, implementation and change management projects within a global 4PL / LLP environment
- International work experience in logistics engineering, implementation and project management
- Expertise in the international transport & logistics industry across all service modes
- Experience in working with logistics design tools
- Ideally a background in lead logistics, consulting or 4PL environment and strategical business planning and development, unless compensated by a strong set of skills and references from other duties and industries with several years of work experience
- Preferably a Bachelor / University degree in logistics, economics or engineering
- Preferably Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt degree
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software, transport management systems and ideally ERP and / or IT background
- Ability to work independently, accurately and constructive
- Take ownership for agreed objectives
- Ability to drive change management
- Willingness to travel internationally
- English (business)
- With seminars, trainings and further qualifications we offer our employees (m/f/d) individual and long-term development and career opportunities on professional, project and management levels.
- Fascinating national and international projects and tasks such as sports and events logistics, trade fair logistics or special transports enrich the work environment.
- Our employees (m/f/d) benefit from the food variety of our canteen.
- GMSHIT Projektleitung (m/w/d)KielConsulting +1
- Berliner VerkehrsbetriebePlanungsingenieurin / Planungsingenieur für IuK-Anlagen (w/m/d)BerlinProjektmanagement
- Schmitt EngineeringMitarbeiter (m/w/d) Project Planning & ControllingLaupheimProjektmanagement
- Firmengruppe LiebherrSenior Project Manager - PMO (m/w/d)Kirchdorf an der IllerProjektmanagement
- ALDI SÜD ITIT Projektmanager (m/w/d)Mülheim (Ruhr)Projektmanagement