DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
You probably think that working for an online travel agency that manages hundreds of millions of bookings per year or working for an airline that operates hundreds of thousands of flights per year must bring their fair chair of challenge. If so, just try to realize the scalability, the performance, the resiliency, the geographical distribution challenges that are behind the system that powers 150 airlines, hundreds of websites, tens of airports, thousands of hotel properties. Just one fact to illustrate: In peak times, we process more than 17,000 transactions per second (1 billion+ transactions per day) at an average system response time of less than 0.3 seconds.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting?
Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Summary Overview of Responsibilities:
The core responsibility of a DevOps Integration Engineer is to successfully deliver end-to-end services to DevOps Community and Operational Teams by leveraging, improving, designing, and implementing solutions that automate application provisioning, configuration, monitoring and alerting.
It is expected from a DevOps Integration Engineer to own and drive the technical evolution of our environment and services, assisting other team members and DevOps community members to develop their skills/knowledge.
Be accountable for the stability, high availability, performance, scalability, and compliance of all delivered solutions.
As a DevOps Integration Engineer, your first and primary mission will be to support the Amadeus DevOps journey to the cloud. At the same time, you will help define the new Cloud operating model for the organization, along business stakeholders and other DevOps/SRE members. You will be contributing to the Amadeus DevOps community and collaborate with different Amadeus DevOps teams, Frontline Operations and Tooling Teams on defining and implementing common standards, processes and automation. Side missions will also include:
- Provide accurate expert proposal and advice on how the latest technologies can be used to create new value proposition on stability, agility and costs
- Work with DevOps Community members, Operation Teams and Automation Experts in a collaborative way to achieve incremental delivery focused on value
- Provide technical expertise in the architecture, design, and implementation of DevOps applications and tools
- Evaluate new technologies and integrate them into the existing systems.
- Drive Innovation and efficiency gains
- Implement end-to-end solutions with a focus on business outcomes
- Participate in multi competency projects to deliver value-oriented changes
Relevant Job Experience:
- Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.)
- University degree in Computer science, Software Development or equivalent professional experience
- Know How / Skills
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable as per the audience.
- Good at coordinating and influencing.
- Working experience in Agile/SAFe.
Ability and experience to use and adapt a wide variety of open-source technologies grouped into the following areas:
- Cloud – IAAS, PAAS, Kubernetes, Openshift
- DevOps tools –Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud platforms like Openstack, AWS, GCE and knowledge of their respective API’s
- Ability to code and script (java, C++, php, python, perl, Ruby…)
- Previous experience with production level Applications management, with systems, data stores and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Relevant Job Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the Software Engineering discipline, SRE, DevOps or operation automation discipline
- Previous experience in successful Integration Engineering roles would be a plus
What we offer to you:
- Join an innovative company which undertakes an amazing journey to the #cloud
- Experience in an environment with unique complexity and a hardly matched criticality among the leading tech companies
- Professional development in a truly international and multisite environment with a great mix of people
- A wide set of trainings available to broaden your knowledge and enhance your soft skills incl. on-line learning hubs packed of technical and soft skills to help to develop any competencies
- Enter a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Competitive remuneration and a number of additional benefits such as internet and commuting allowance, job bike, subsidized canteen, insurances, hybrid working model incl. up to 20 days of work from abroad, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- PwC DeutschlandMitarbeiter für den 1st & 2nd Level IT Support (w/m/d)Berlin +3System Engineering / Admin
- KfW Bankengruppe(Junior-) Administrator (w/m/d) Azure CloudBerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- EnBW Energie Baden-WürttembergCloud Solution Architect (w/m/d)KarlsruheAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Statistisches Landesamt Baden-WürttembergSystemadministrator Schwerpunkt Windows (w/m/d)StuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin
- Statistisches Landesamt Baden-WürttembergSystemadministrator Schwerpunkt Linux (w/m/d)StuttgartSystem Engineering / Admin +1