Backend Engineer (m/f/d) - Scala
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure and willingness to develop professionally to join our team.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for providing the data infrastructure, services and tools we use to analyze, improve and personalize our games which are enjoyed by millions of players every month. The team is processing terabytes of data and enables number driven business decisions within the company in all areas.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Work on existing and new APIs
- Develop stream processing components on top of Kafka
- Add and maintain core services in our data infrastructure
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure together with our infrastructure experts
- Take part in our team on-call rotation (after an extensive onboarding period)
- You have experience as a software engineer using scala or any other functional language (experience in a data team is a plus but not necessary)
- You are familiar with concepts such as Monitoring, Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and Cloud Platforms
- You are a team player and value collaboration
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you’re keen!
Great if you know:
- Kafka and Kinesis
- Big Data frameworks such as Spark
- AWS Services
- Kubernetes, Containers, Helm
- GitOps, CI/CD
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!
- infoteamJava-/ FullStack-Entwickler (m/w/x) Public ServiceDortmund +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- USU Software AGSoftwareentwickler (w/d/m)bundesweitAnwendungsentwicklung
- SVA System Vertrieb AlexanderFrontend Developer / Frontend-Entwickler – BVQ (m/w/d)bundesweitAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Deutsche BahnAngular Frontend Developer IIoT-Platform (w/m/d)bundesweit +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1