Junior Scala Developer (M/F/X)
Are you a scala developer and also a real foodie? Then we might be a match!
Join the team behind Germany's most successful cooking app and help hundreds of thousands of users live happier and healthier lives.
We're looking for a motivated individual to join the crew and help us scale internationally to the next level.
- Flat hierarchies and transparent communication
- A young and highly motivated team
- Many team events
- A beautiful office in Berlin Neukölln
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home
- Equipment for hybrid work
- Regular check-ins and feedback
- Bring your ideas to the table and take over responsibilities from day 1
- An annual budget for further training in a field that suits you and your role
- After-Work-BBQs and cooking sessions in our lovely courtyard
- Fresh food from our studio test kitchen
- Free BVG Ticket
- As part of our backend team, you support overseeing our server applications and APIs.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement new features.
- You expand our data model and work on regular updates.
- You have first experience working with Scala.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- You have worked with the Play2-Framework, MongoDB, Postgres, or others.
- You are familiar with Heroku, Digital Ocean, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud.
- You have an overall understanding of modern frameworks, MVP, and Object-Oriented-Design.
- You are passionate about working with tools like Git and modern IDEs
- You enjoy working as a hands-on Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You have a general understanding of our product, care about usability and a beautiful UI
- You are an excellent communicator who can clearly explain complex technical issues to all team members.
- You are a lifelong learner who constantly improves skills and loves learning from others.
- You have good English skills (spoken and written)
No one is perfect. If you don't tick all the boxes but have the desire to grow into it – then it's you who we are looking for.
After founding the company in 2014, KptnCook became Germany's leading food & shopping app. We won several international awards like the Google Material Design Award 2018 and German Design Award 2020, and help hundreds of thousands of users to become better cooks at home every day. Currently, we are a team of around 53 based in Berlin Neukölln.
Join our crew
Would you like to become part of our crew and set out for international waters?
Then send us your application with your CV, your earliest starting date, and a cover letter that best expresses your interests and qualifications.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- modisFrontend Entwickler (m/w/d)Hanau am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- Lufthansa Industry SolutionsSoftware Engineer (all genders) Cloud NativeNorderstedt +1Anwendungsentwicklung +1
- DriversCheck GmbHFull-Stack-Entwickler (m/w/d)KölnAnwendungsentwicklung
- Reply Deutschland SEJunior Full Stack Developer (m/w/d)MünchenAnwendungsentwicklung
- SENEC GmbHEmbedded Softwareentwickler*in Linux C++bundesweit +2Anwendungsentwicklung +2