Amadeus Data Processing
DevOps Engineer - Amadeus NoSQL Ecosystem (m/f/d)
Join us to industrialize and manage the Amadeus modern NoSQL ecosystem, operated privately as well as on the public Cloud!
We are looking for a motivated engineer to join the squad allowing Amadeus applications to benefit from cutting-edge NoSQL solutions - at scale.
Summary of the role
Your goal each day will be to expand and manage our modern MongoDB database farms hosted on premise and in future in cloud (Microsoft Azure)! Do you like developing and using automation (e.g. Ansible, RESTful services), implementing new technology trends (e.g. deployments on hybrid clouds using IaaS and PaaS), running containers on Kubernetes/Docker, becoming a top-notch MongoDB DevOps Engineer?
You’ll participate to or lead the conception, plan and implement end to end solutions with a focus on business outcome, contribute to the work of project teams and to cross-departmental projects and be able to work independently and receive guidance for overall topics or strategies.
Your main responsibilities
Your main duties will include operating and deploying MongoDB clusters; participating to the development, unit-testing and documentation of MongoDB automation components as well as investigation and troubleshooting of customer incidents (on-call). You’ll be responsible to solve complex problems by closely following technology evolutions and enriching feature set delivered to the Amadeus engineering community.
About the ideal candidate
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies, i.e. frequent, incremental software testing and deployment;
- Knowledge and experience with MongoDB technology including MongoDB OpsManager
- Experience as a Linux administrator (Redhat distribution)
- Passion and curiosity in scripting languages (e.g. python, shell) & GIT/ Jenkins
- Knowledge in infrastructure automation (Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge and experience in cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack) and Kubernetes / OpenShift is a plus
- Able to work independently and receives a moderate level of guidance only for overall topics or strategies
- Good communication skills and ability to drive results in a complex, multicultural environment and at different hierarchical levels
- Diligence, analytical and conceptional thinking skills
- Good written and oral communication abilities, to drive results in a multicultural environment
What we can offer you
- Join an innovative company which undertakes an amazing journey to the #cloud
- Experience in an environment with unique complexity and a hardly matched criticality among the leading tech companies
- Professional development in a truly international and multisite environment with a great mix of people
- A wide set of trainings available to broaden your knowledge and enhance your soft skills incl. on-line learning hubs packed of technical and soft skills to help to develop any competencies
- Enter a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Competitive remuneration and a number of additional benefits such as internet and commuting allowance, job bike, subsidized canteen, insurances, hybrid working model incl. up to 30 days of work from abroad, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- PwC DeutschlandPlatform/DevOps Engineer - Cloud (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +1Anwendungsentwicklung +2
- PwC DeutschlandData Scientist / Data Analyst Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +18Business Analysis +1
- MediClin-ITBusiness Intelligence Specialist / Data Scientist (w/m/d)OffenburgBusiness Analysis +1
- ArvatoIT Trainee - Infrastructure & Data Analytics (m/w/x)GüterslohBusiness Analysis +1
- OBI nextSpecialist Master Data Management / Product Information Management (m/w/d)WermelskirchenDatenbankentwicklung/BI +1