IBM Deutschland GmbH
IT Architect (f/m/x)
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IT architect, do you enjoy complex challenges that require new innovative approaches to solutions and are you also enthusiastic about new technologies and trends?
Do you also want to take your career into your own hands?
Then take the next step in your career with us – as IT Architect Customer Solutions.
As an IT Architect at IBM Consulting you will have the opportunity to work in a global company on exciting and complex projects to support our clients with innovative solutions to achieve their business goals. In doing so, you will take on the role of “trusted advisor”, working with our clients and their team to develop innovative solution concepts based on best practices and implementing them into reality.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Working closely with our clients to understand their business needs and technology requirements in detail;
- Designing and implementing innovative solutions that exceed client expectations and support their strategic goals;
- Collaborating effectively with teams from different areas to ensure seamless implementation and delivery of solutions;
- Producing detailed technical specifications and documentation for solutions;
- Providing advice and support to project teams and stakeholder management;
- Identifying opportunities to optimise and improve existing systems and processes.
To take your career to the next level, IBM supports you through mentoring programs where you can talk face to face with selected experts about topics of your choice or work together on these topics. Furthermore, there are countless training opportunities available to you, internally or externally, to improve your skills and continuously expand your knowledge.
What to expect:
- A global network of experts who work on the future of the intelligent company in national and international projects.
- Personal development e.g. through coaching, mentoring and talent programmes
- A specially tailored entry and onboarding that takes your personal interests and strengths into account
- Flexible and mobile working models
- “Diversity & Inclusion” as an essential and lived part of the corporate culture
- Attractive additional benefits, such as a company car, pension plan and company health management
- Sabbatical option
This position is offered with a work location at Hamburg, Berlin, Munich and Düsseldorf.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for an IT professional with at least 3 years of relevant experience in IT consulting, IT project management or professional software development.
You also have :
- been an IT architect throughout the lifecycle of a solution using recognised design and agile methodologies, and you are convinced that modern tools such as machine learning, cyber resilience, DevOps, and AI, will enable a sustainable IT architectures;
- gained experience in:
- stakeholder management, being at ease with communicating complex issues in both German and English and adapt the level of abstraction depending on the audience.
- project management, feeling particularly comfortable in interdisciplinary teams and global contexts
- been involved in the implementation of applications and responsible for the integration of a variety of products, technologies and services.
- been made familiar with common software development methods and tools
- successfully completed a degree in computer science, (business) informatics or a related discipline with above-average results.
You are fluent in German and English.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Other Relevant Job Details
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- PwC DeutschlandPlatform/DevOps Engineer - Cloud (w/m/d)Düsseldorf +1Anwendungsentwicklung +2
- Cornelsen Verlag(Senior) DevOps Engineer (m/w/d) für eine Cloud-PlattformBerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- Cornelsen Verlag(Senior) DevOps Engineer (m/w/d)BerlinSystem Engineering / Admin
- ITGAIN ConsultingJunior DevOps Engineer (m/w/d)Hannover +1System Engineering / Admin
- Flughafen Stuttgart GmbHTechnischer Projektleiter Großprojekt Terminalentwicklung (m/w/d)StuttgartAnwendungsentwicklung +2